Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Eve


With half of our regular holiday stuff boxed up, we found decorating for our Christmas Eve dinner challenging, but we made it work. We had what we have been tending to have the last few years, ham, twice baked potatoes, and some veggies. We had some gandolfos chocolate cake for dessert, cause I was craving it. :)
Ollie chowed down. He ate everything in site
Gabe ate her broccoli and that's about it. Ha. I guess out of it all, that's the one I'd want her to eat the most.

We then whipped out the kid's chairs to try to keep them contained as we read from Luke, and told about Christ's birth.
Daddy being very animated in his story
The kids loved singing the songs, and love to try to have song books to "read" from. Ollie just wanted to keep singing song after song

We then as a family watched "Santa Clause is Coming to Town." It tells how Santa became Santa. I actually have grown to love this show, cause Santa gives and decides to make his giving day on Christmas Eve in celebration on Christ's birth, and in remembrance of the wise men. Nothing like mixing Christ with Santa to teach them both.

Once the kids were off to bed Adam and I kept our tradition of watching "The Nativity," before we got stuff ready. Love that show. We wondered if Gabe would have a hard time sleeping cause she was so excited, but that wasn't a problem. She took being asleep when Santa comes very seriously. We'll take advantage of that while she's young.

4 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

What wonderful traditions!

Katrina said...

i wish we had done more on christmas eve. thats something i'd like to do in the future. did you show the kids pictures from the Christ book?

Judy said...

Our Christmas Eve was non-traditional but nice anyway. We had our traditional meal with CJ, Heather, Michele, and 3 dogs. Poor Piper had to go to the laundry room because she couldn't play nice with Milo. But instead of reading the story we watched the 25 min. Nativity from the Church. It brings in the American continent story as well. Then Michele and I watched Elf.

Travis Laurel said...

How could Gabe not like the potato. That's the best part. So yum.