I figured I'd do a Gabe update with some holiday stuff mixed in. She's said and done some great thing to keep us on our toes.
The Santa at our ward's Christmas party. Much cuter picture despite Gabe's silly grin. She felt weird having the whole ward stare at her. Can't say that I blame her.

Gabe loves to pretend to be Santa. Looks like we all get plastic bags this Christmas.
*When we play she tells me she'll be the mommy and I can be the sweetie.
*We have a travel kennel for Greta that has a zipping door. One day I heard her in a panic saying, "I don't want to be a puppy. I don't want to be a puppy anymore." She had locked herself in pretending to be a puppy and was sad she couldn't get out, not wanting to play anymore.
*We got out of the car and she saw all the leaves surrounding our house. She's a little of a drama queen, and said, "Oh no! I'm afraid the whole world is gonna get ruined cause it's covered by leaves!" It looked that way at the time.
*When we were up north for Thanksgiving Gabe had a blast playing with her cousins. She and Sicily were so funny to listen to. (Sicily is just 4 months younger) They were playing ponies one day and Sicily would scream, "Oh no Gabe, they are all dead! Quick get the bandaids!"
Gabe would yell back, "It's okay I got the bandaids, I'm coming to save you!" And she'd save the dead ponies.
*Also after sampling Nana's Thanksgiving meal she told me, "Mom, Nana is a good cooker."
*Her newest phrase, "How could it be!?"
*When we went to visit the temple, Adam was pointing out the white lights to Gabe. She told him they weren't white, they were yellow. He then started teasing her telling her to look at all the white lights. He then called them clear. Either way it makes her mad and she tells him they are yellow. It's kinda this continual debate they have.
One night for prayers she said, "Please bless Daddy will stop calling the yellow lights white and clear, they are yellow." Her next sentence went, "Please bless Mommy that she'll stop laughing."
"I'll call me Gabrielle, and I'll call you my Daddy cuteness."
She then looked at me, "And I'll call you grandma."
WHAT? Why do I get grandma?
*We ran into my Dad's cousin at the mall a few weeks ago. Gabe told him, "We live in curious George." She's usually very proud of herself that she can remember the city she lives, but it's been a bit since she told someone and she had been watching curious george in the mornings.
*Everything is so sad and ending to her. When we couldn't get our tree to stand, "Now we can never have a tree."
Ollie ripped a page in a book of ours. "Now we can never have books."
* "Mommy please don't tell Daddy I was naughty, he'll tell Santa." Obviously we are using the threat of no presents to our advantage right now.
*I made lasagna the other night and I told Gabe that she couldn't just eat her bread.
"Take one bite of bread, a bite of lasagna, a bite of bread. Are you doing that?"
"No sorry mom. I'm taking a bite of lasagna, a bite of bread, a bite of lasagna."
*She likes to say, "I Know" when you tell her things. It's kinda my fault. I tell her that when she tries to tell me how to do something, or something I'm already telling her. So she picked it up with attitude as well. So now we both have a goal to help each other not say the phrase, cause it comes across a little snotty. Amazing how having kids can make you change your speech.
* She likes to tell you she has a mystery then whisper a secret in your ear. It usually ends up being a made up word.
*She loves to pretend to be Santa. She talks in a Santa voice, and hands out presents or leaves them under the tree.
One day she had a wand, "Look mom it's my wand."
"Santa doesn't have a wand."
"How does he do magic then?"
"Good question. Not with a wand."
"He has a wand mom."
Well I guess he might now. :)
*She started coming in our room around 4am for a few mornings and asking to sleep in our bed. When I asked her later why she was doing that she told me cause our bed is comfier than hers.
Can't blame her there, crib mattresses (Even in a toddler bed) are not my idea of a good night's sleep.
*"Mom, how is Santa gonna get in our house, we don't have a fireplace?"
"He's magic, he makes a way to get in."
"How?"
"How about we just leave the door unlocked for him?"
"Okay mom, don't lock it."
*Adam came home from work and Gabe asked, "Hey Dad, do you want a Mtn Dew?"
"Yeah Gabe, thanks!"
"Kay well go get one then, they are over there."
*Gabe kept telling Ollie he needed to be nice or he wouldn't get presents. I told her it was for Santa to decide. I then got it turned around on me when I told her not to be naughty or no presents, she then told me it was for Santa to decide. :)
*Gabe has the best prayers right now. Adam and I usually have to refrain from laughing during some part of it. She wants to say every prayer she can, which is nice, cause she didn't always volunteer. I started recording some, cause they cracked us up, but blogger won't upload my videos. Oh well. She'll say the sweetest most spiritual thing, then bless the food that it won't be gross and taste good. (she is a picky eater) Or she'll say thank you for everything she sees in the room. It definitely keeps them interesting.
She told me this is her Grinch pose. She loves both Grinch movies. Frosty the Snowman is probably her favorite, followed by Rudolf. She'll watch most Christmas movies, but those are her favorite. And yes she has Greta's Christmas collar on her neck, she was playing Doggy and puts them on.


6 comments:
Once again some classic comments. That girl is just to quick witted! Love the good laughs.
She is Hilarious!!
I love hearing about all of her quotes! She cracks me up! One of my favorites was when she called Adam Daddy cuteness and you got called grandma. So funny. She is such a cute girl! I need to write down her and Sicily's bandaid conversation too. I'm glad you reminded me.
She is so funny!!! I am so glad you are writing all these things down....it will be so funny later on to read them...Love the pic with her and Ollie on Santa and Mrs. Claus's laps..Ha ha ha...
Steve and I both enjoyed laughing at her silliness. So glad you're remembering these and writing them down! I need to be better about my kiddo.
Thanks Gabe for the laughs. That was very entertaining.
Post a Comment