Oh Milo, Milo, Milo. It amazes me that a month has come and gone already. He turned one month on the 21st, I'm a little behind. It seems I say that with every kid, but with every kid time goes faster and faster. I told Adam if we are done and Milo is our last baby experience we have to enjoy every bit, cause we don't get to experience the milestones again. So I'm gonna try to document a lot. We are excited to see them all for him. He definitely is already spoiled like the baby of a family. He just has to squeak a little being upset at something, and everyone comes running. Ollie the fastest, with Gabe yelling that it's her turn right behind him. :) I then have to make sure he isn't "too" loved on. Here are some pictures from the last month and some weekly updates. I started taking some weekly notes in my phone of all his changes, so it's a little different than what I usually do. We'll try it out. My pictures are in no order according to weeks by the way. I also ordered some monthly onsesie stickers to take pictures in, but they haven't come yet, so I guess I'll have to post that picture later. In the meantime, I might just photoshop/picasa the text in each month saying it.
WEEK ONE:
-When he would cry he sounded like a little bird or a seagull. He really did, it was such a funny noise.
-He couldn't and still can't NOT have his hands by his face. Having him take a binky is great, except he knocks it out continually with his hands! He has to sleep with them right by his cheeks
-Without a binky, he would suck on his hands or thumbs
-He has the hiccups ALL the time. SO much. More than both my others combined. Gabe did a little, and Ollie hardly ever. Milo has them so much. Poor guy
-Loved to be swaddled, except his arms. So we would have to take his arms out, then swaddle him up tight.
-He loved his binky this week. I was afraid to give him one, cause he struggled with breastfeeding for a while, but I think it actually helped him learn to eat better.
-The only kid that we had jaundice/bilirubin issues with. Poor guy, we just couldn't get a handle on it.
-He did not love getting set down
-Not a good eater, it had me worried. He finally got it down. He still gagged and spit up lots this week
He has skinny thin limbs, but these very "boy" looking hands. They aren't long and slender like his feet. They look a lot like Ollie's. He's the only child that didn't get my wide feet, he got Daddy's thin long ones.
He has some seriously cute double dimples. And even though you can't always tell he did get my cleft chin, or "butt" chin. I did pass that down to ALL of my kids. Some more prominent than the others, but they all have it. Sorry kiddos. I guess I made it up to you by passing on cute double dimples to you all. :) He doesn't have an actual "real" smile going yet, despite the smiley pics I got. When he's just waking up and still out of it, you can usually get a open eyed smiley picture, before he nods off again.
He also does this lopsided grin. I think it a secret rule dimple people have. You gotta show of the dimple in the grin. Glad he's got it down.
WEEK 2:
-This is the week he started really having stomach issues. He has bad tummy rumbles with gas and burping. It really hurt him, and we tried everything. After trying gas medicine, and gripe water with two of my kids, and seeing NO difference, I am convinced it's not helpful. At least for us. My old pediatrician said it wasn't as well. Oh well we were willing to try anything to help him out.
-He wasn't napping good unless held
-I has to substitute some formula in for breast milk to make sure he was getting enough and to try and help with his bilirubin levels. It didn't help, he threw up the formula each time. He did take a bottle great though. Too great, he would guzzle it.
-This week he didn't mind being set down, which was nice, cause I was juggling on my own
-Really doesn't cry a whole lot
His favorite hang out place is the boppy.
Lots of sleeping pics in the beginning. He doesn't mind tummy time so far, my only kid who so far was okay with it.
He isn't that great of a fan of baths. He just tolerates them, but not for very long so you gotta be quick. He does look cute in his duck towel though.
Daddy got him some cute onsies
WEEK 3:
-He grunts and moans and makes so much noise. Ha! Especially when burped. He doesn't love being burped. He found his voice this week. Really only when really hungry though. Or if you set him down. Once again doesn't love being put down and lets you know he is mad about it if you leave them there long enough. When he first started doing this and crying it threw us all off, cause he's always been so quiet and content. So during his wake time, you better be holding him. Makes juggling 3 tricky.
-The eat/wake/sleep pattern is getting better. He actually lets me lay him down to go to sleep. He just doesn't sleep as long as I'd like.
-He's a little less gassy, but not much. It keeps he and I both awake a lot at night. It's really hard. I think he'd be a decent sleeper if we didn't have to wake up so much for it. It's not what I'm eating either people, I've given up everything for this kid. Spices, soda, chocolate, certain veggies, etc. I don't want to make it worse. He just isn't great at eating and digesting quite yet.
- He is a slow, take your time kind of eater. My other two ate so fast, done it like ten minutes. He is 15-20 minutes eater. I've noticed as he gets better, he has gotten a little faster, and stronger sucker, but not much.
-His umbilical cord finally fell off this week and he got a "real" bath
-He now sometimes takes a binky. It's kinda hard. He doesn't love it, but he doesn't hate it. He is very choosy about when he wants it. Part of me would almost prefer him not to want it. Ha! NOW when he sleeps it eventually falls out of his mouth, and he lays his face on it. This makes him mad and wakes him back up. Then he wants it again. I'm trying right now while he is young enough to already break him of the habit of not needing it to fall back asleep. It's really hard, cause I can just send Gabe in to put his binky back in, and he'll go back to sleep. The convenience of it is hard to argue with. Until he doesn't sleep well because of it. Man what a struggle.
-We still call him the nickname of Baby. He was called baby the whole pregnancy, it's hard to give up. I tell Gabe and Ollie, "Go get baby this...." etc.
-He doesn't love his swing. It was my life saver when cooking, he now does not care to be in it
WEEK 4:
-This boy has the cutest bed head ever. All of his little fuzzy hair sticks up all over, it makes me giggle.
-He's finally just getting out of newborn clothes and diapers. He's growing at a good rate. It still throws me off I don't have a one month appointment, they do things a little different here.
-His body has to be straight, he does not love being in a sitting position. Ollie was that way and hated the bumbo, so I'm hoping Milo will get over that. I want Milo to love the bumbo.
-He is tracking things with his eyes really well. I love watching him follow the kids with his eyes as they move in front of him.
-He now hates the hiccups and just cries when he has them, which is a lot poor guy
-Still has gas issues, but we are finally starting to see it a little less. He is really hard to burp this week.
-Right now he doesn't mind his car seat. We'll see how long that lasts
Right now I feel really blessed, cause he is pretty easy going. I hope he just stays that way, but being a newborn it's hard to predict. We are so anxious already to see what kind of a personality we got this time. It's so fun to see them grow and develop. Just try not to do it too fast little Milo, we enjoy your baby self. He really makes us all so happy to have in our home. He is always making us smile. Love this boy!
Gabe loves to sit and talk to him. She'll say things like, "Hey buddy! How's my boy?"
"You have beautiful baby eyes, yes you do. You have beautiful baby ears, and baby hands...." She'll sit there and list of all the things she thinks are just so cute on him. Gabe loves being in charge of watching him while I shower or go get something from another room. When she leaves somewhere with daddy she tells me, "K bye mom. Take good care of Milo while I'm gone."
Ollie when hearing him cry yells, "BABY!" and takes off running toward him to try to help him. He'll give him his binky, usually upside down, or pet his head, or gently pat his tummy. It's pretty cute. Except when Ollie takes out his binky just so he can reinsert it. Silly kid. It makes Milo mad, especially when it's given back to him upside down.
They both want to hold him all the time all day. Can you blame them? Look at this little guy....
Love Milo's grin here






















4 comments:
Yup....each child is so unique! It is so fun to watch each one for that reason. What a cutie he is. You are truely blessed.
I love how attentive Gabe and Ollie are to their brother. I am sure he will very loved. Glad to hear his tummy troubles are subsiding a bit.
He is so cute! I can't wait to meet him... And your posts are making me long for October so I can meet my girl.... Hopefully he grows out of that gassy issue!
Love all the pictures! What a handsome little guy :)
Post a Comment