Saturday, July 21, 2012

Our Quick Weekend Up North

We ventured up North this past weekend to be apart of Heidi and Abe's sealing in the Oquirrh Mountain temple. Heidi had asked me to be her escort from the beginning, and I didn't know if I could do it depending on when Milo was born. Well with him coming early enough, I was able to with Kami on hold in case I couldn't. It was one of the coolest experiences in the temple I've had in a long time. I went to the temple here in St George a few days before we left and balled my eyes out, so I knew I would be an emotional mess when I was there trying to help her. I did pretty good with all her endowment stuff, but come time for the sealing day I cried. I cried even before I got into the sealing. Being able to go back through everything with her was such a neat experience for me. I definitely heard a lot more of what the matrons and her sealer talked about, than when I went through and got married. :) It was a nice reminder to me of how important things are in the temple and I learned A LOT! The spirit was so strong and being there with her made it so special. So grateful that Heidi let me share that experience with her, and I only hope that I helped her in a way that she needed. Having watch her get sealed to her husband and kids was SUCH a cool thing. Her kids were so adorable, and I hope they remember parts of it and the importance of it. I appreciated one of the matrons who made sure Heidi knew how important it was that she had got her family there. We were sitting there with other brides, and she made a big effort to talk directly to Heidi and make sure that she knew how special and important this day was for her, just like these other girls, even though she had her life work out differently. So sweet. Anyway it was nice to be apart of and make the quick trip up for. It was kinda a whirlwind trip for the kiddos, and Ollie struggled a little bit with it all. Gabe was in heaven being able to hang at Nana and Papa's house and having a sleep over in Aunt Michele's room. Thanks for your help guys! Special thanks to Kami and Brandon and the kiddos who took care of Milo for us. It was nice he's still young enough he doesn't know what's going on. And pretty easy as long as he's fed. Thanks for running him everywhere so I wouldn't be such a paranoid mom leaving her 3 week old. :) 
Daddy making some fun faces in the car to Gabe
Not wanting his picture taken
Improvising when needed a changing table
I had my other kid's hand impressions done when they were born. I was sad I don't live by the cute friend that did theirs, to get Milo's done. Miss you Emily! (even though I know you sold it) So I looked up a company that was actually in Highland/Lehi that could do it really fast while we were up there. We stopped by really fast to have his done not knowing when we'd be up again to get them done. So if anyone is looking for ceramic hand impressions for their kids or family, these ladies were great! Anyway the kids played at a nearby park while I had it done. 

We took some pictures and texted them to Ollie on the way up to the temple to make him happy
I look ready to pass out in all these, and have huge bags under my eyes, but what can you do? I was told on more than one occasion how tired I looked. Yep, I have a newborn and juggle two others during the day. Add a trip into that it makes no sleep. Plus in a lot of them I had just got done balling my eyes out. So just bare with me. :)
I planned to take a bunch of pics at the temple, but I was too busy juggling my kiddos. So I took a few, and Adam got some from his phone. Other than that, not much. I'll get some from my sister inlaw and probably post them later when she sends them to me. 
Ollie missed his nap, and was very needy at the temple. Poor guy. Luckily he just wanted Daddy, which was new for us when he's tired he usually wants only me. It made it a little easier for us all having him go to Adam. Now if Gabe hadn't peed her pants at the temple soon after she got there, things would have been grand. I was fixing that issue and she and I missed being in half of Heidi and Abe's pictures. I was bummed. Oh well. 
Some of the kiddos
I always try and take pics of the girls together. They are all within 6 months old of each other. They always look so cute playing together, and kinda naturally migrate toward each other. 
Checking out the fountain and chatting it up with Uncle Erich
The only pic I got of their cute fam. I was trying to stay out of the way of the pros taking the good shots
A generation picture, I'm sad my great grandma wood wasn't there, she was at home sick.
Meeting great Grandma and Aunt Shelly
We wanted to attempt to get a semi decent updated family picture for Adam's office. Really none of them turned out well. My eyes look closed in a lot of them cause of my huge bags, Adam was making funny faces to try and get Ollie to have a genuine smile, Ollie was cheesy, Gabe didn't look half the time. On top of that it all, it was SUPER windy and started raining. Oh the joys. Here's the best we could do.
Afterward they had a nice luncheon at a church. We meant to stay just a few minutes, but the food wasn't ready, and Gabe wanted to play, and Milo needed to eat. We ended there longer than we planned. I probably seemed like a meany, but I made a no holding Milo rule. Everyone wanted to, and with him so young I didn't want everyone to. I know, sounds mean, but there you have it. It was easier to say no to everyone, than to offend some. 
Ollie was so beat, this is how he feel asleep in the car, with Gabe's glasses on
Milo meeting Aunt Michele and Papa for the first time. Nice they got a little cuddle time with him
Adam slept with Ollie and I had to take a picture, cause I thought it was funny that every time I woke up they were always laying and sleeping the same way. Silly boys.

3 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

Your pics are nice! You are really photogenic! Truely!!!

Grandma Krissy said...

Oh and by the way.....thank you for visiting with us for a bit at the church. We miss you and your family very much and enjoyed every minute we got with you guys. Love You! Very proud of you too!

Judy said...

Did your mother come to the church after the sealing?

I think it is funny they sleep like that too - I sleep like that and so does my brother and Dad. Must be a comfortable way to sleep for lots of people.

And there are some very nice pictures in that group - I'm glad you came.