Gabe had her day of recitals. It was kinda a huge inconvenience having both of her performances on the same day, but it's what they had to do. They only had the High School rented out for one day. They had all the ballet classes perform the Nutcracker at night and all the other kinds of classes like Tumbling, Tap, Jazz, etc perform in their Christmas recital in the afternoon. So Gabe has a ballet and tumbling class so she was in both with her bestie Briana. Each recital has to do a tech run, then a rehearsal, then you have to be there early for the call times, then they had picture times. IT WAS A LITTLE NUTS. Poor Gabe was a little confused by it all. Luckily with it being on a Saturday I just stayed there with her most of the day so she felt more comfortable. I ended up just hanging out and chatting with Briana's mom Brittney who is super nice. Brittney's oldest daughter who is 14 was in both recitals too and she knew how things went, so it was nice to have someone there to ask questions to.
 |
| The Tech Run for her Tumbling class |
 |
| Before her performance |
They did an "Elf on the Shelf" tumbling dance. Although you wouldn't really know from the random costumes. They used these costumes for another class later for the Nutcracker so I was a little paranoid about her getting her costume dirty. Oh well.
She did pretty well. She was nervous and her buddy and her kinda kept holding hands cause they were nervous and just wanted to stay by each other. It was cute. She actually practiced it so much that when she performed she didn't know it was the performance. Ha!
 |
| The Dancing part of the performance |
 |
| Doing her Front Roll |
 |
| Doing her Back Roll |
 |
| Finishing her Back Roll |
 |
| Doing her Kart Wheel |
Her and some of her class mates after their performance. We brought the boys with us to this one. I actually didn't see her perform cause by the time they did Milo was crazy and I had to take him out. I let Adam watch, cause I had seen it several times that day already. :)
I didn't get any pics of her Nutcracker outfit, cause we paid for some of the "professional" pics. So we got some individual and class pics. The CD we bought came with a certain amount of pics so we got one with her and Briana too. They were sheep in the Nutcracker. They had curly hair and looked super cute. I'm sad we didn't snap a normal pic, but it was a little crazy. We last minute found a babysitter for the boys. None of our normal ones could do it, so it was tricky. The Nutcracker was longer and we didn't want to bring them. We had invited Kay to come see it with us, so last minute one of my young women said she could. Ollie wasn't too happy not having Gabe there and threw a huge fit when I was trying to leave, but he chilled out and had a blast thankfully.
Gabe also had a melt down around intermission cause they wouldn't let her leave to go see her Daddy and she and Briana were quarreling. :0) They had a long day and were super tired. I had to go calm her down and try to salvage her make up. Her hair also wasn't that curly by the time it was show time. Ah well. It was super fun seeing her. We loved it. Next semester we probably will just do a ballet class instead of two. It was a little too stressful and hectic for Gabe. Even though she loves both classes. Next year if we can we'd like to have her go somewhere else for classes probably too. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment