Monday, December 2, 2013

Life with Ollie

Ollie is getting so old to me all of a sudden. I think because the 3 year old girl that we watch is so completely different. Ollie is just so much more independent and able to do things by himself. He's awesome. It's makes me so grateful for him. He also just gets things done. It's so refreshing. His sister moves a little slow with everything she does, and we end up asking her 3+ times to get stuff done. This boy we ask him once. He knows to just get it done then he can play longer. We'll tell him to get his jammies on and he'll go brush his teeth and go potty too without being asked. He's such a good boy. He still has a stubborn side and always will, but its almost like he picks his battles now too. It just shows how grown up he's getting. He also still has the best manners. Those just clicked with him and he knows he gets things fast and more if he uses them. 

He has lately not wanted to go to nursery again. I think that he gets bored. He's a shy kid that doesn't love being put on the spot. So he'll play by himself a lot in the corner, and all the teachers think oh he's good. No that means he's uncomfortable. If he's running around screaming, then he is comfortable. Not saying it's ok to let him run around and scream, but I wish he felt like himself. We have no idea how he'll be in primary. We are trying to talk it up, but we'll see. He and Embrie will be the only ones in the class. So maybe having her there will help. I hope they don't combine them with the kids that are sunbeams right now, cause they are all super naughty. That sounds mean, but it's SO true. 

He makes us laugh. Most things he says just makes us smile. 
Playing in the rain one day with my boy
Here are some Ollie stories/quotes:

*Someone asked the kids who was older
G: Me
O: Me too

*O: I'm gonna beat you
Me: No I'm gonna beat you
O: Alright you can win. I'll beat myself. 

*Me: Not sure these pants will fit bud. Let's try them on and see
O: Yes they do fit. See mom I can dance in them.

*He loves his pirate toothpaste. When I put toothpaste on his brush he'll tell me, "Don't waste it mom, there is only a little left." Even though there is a ton. He'll try and show me, "See mom, just a little handful. Just a handful."

*Me: What was your favorite thing you did today?
O: Um, Christmas!
Me: Christmas? Did you just say Christmas?
O: Yes I love Christmas and Halloween. They're just gonna take forever to get here. 

*Ollie gave Adam a hug and says, "You're my best guy ever. You're my Daddy."

* He always can be heard saying, "Oh yeah Oh yeah." He was in his underwear one night waiting for assistance with his pajamas singing, "Oh yeah Oh yeah!"

*Daddy: Did you play with Mommy today?
O: No not today Mommy said no
Me: Yes you did just not lots. Why was that? (I was sick)
O: Cause…you're not very nice
We couldn't stop laughing. 

*Gabe got Pete the cat from school. It was a stuffed animal cat. He supposedly comes alive at night. Well, he came to life and she was telling us about it in the morning. 
O: I don't like him. I don't like him AT ALL. He's naughty. 

*G: My picture is so scary to color, that it makes me have a frowny face
O: My picture is so scary to color that it makes me tired. 

* At bed time he gave me a kiss and made explosive noises. Then he says, "Those are fireworks. My kisses make fireworks!"
This is his picture of everyone wrestling.
*He loves to color, and paint and create right now. It helps his sister is so into it. So they do it a lot together. He likes painting the best. He also LOVES play doh right now. It's fun. He's getting more fun at his pictures that he draws. 

* We were watching Monsters University and Ollie asks, "Why are they afraid?"
Me: They are afraid of humans
O: I don't like humans

*He talks in his sleep a lot and does other silly things. One night he came in claiming Gabe hit him. I told him no she didn't and he was SOOO set that she did. Another night he was screaming so I went in there and he was still asleep. When I asked him what was wrong he tells me still asleep, " I want to play with Play doh."

* We were driving in the car and he says, "Mom… the moon in following us."

* We were at church and there was a baby blessing. It went on for a bit. Adam was talking to Milo on his lap and I answered a question Gabe had. Ollie sat in between us, and after it was done he says turning to Adam, "You were talking during the prayer!" He said it super loud. Then he turned to me, "And you were talking during the prayer!" Quite a few people around us heard and laughed. 

* He says cute little phrases or responses all the time. One of my favorites is, "Of course."
Me: Ollie can we see this?
O: Of course!
G: Ollie wanna play this?
O: Of course Gabe. 

His other one he likes to say is, "IMCOMING!" (Even when it doesn't really apply)

* Daddy came home and Ollie really wanted to wrestle, but Daddy said no cause he had to make phone calls. 
G: Where is Daddy?
O: In his room, wrestling by himself!

*D: What time is it?
G: 6:04
O: I'll tell you! (He marches over) It's 8:00!
D: Thanks bud. 
O: You're welcome!

G: Daddy tomorrow is your birthday!
O: SHHH Don't tell! It's a secret!

*O:Mommy can we have Mommy play time today?
Me: Of course bud, I gotta clean some stuff first.
O: Ok then, come on let's just go play.
So we did. I'm easily persuaded by this little man. 

* "Ready…Begin! Everyone make a funny face!"
(As we are sitting at lunch)

* He is starting to quote shows lately it's funny
"Release the baby!" (from the Croods)
"Eveyone panic!" (Word World)

* "If anyone asks we are the coolest. Huh Gabe?"

* Me: Bud you've been super naughty today, what can I do to help you be a good boy?
O: Hugs. Give me lots of hugs. 
It's true. It's how to boy feels loved and shows love. When he gets in his cuddles, he is so much better.

3 comments:

Judy said...

He really is growing up - I love that he asks for hugs - lots of hugs. I hope you give and take as many as you can before he grows up and wants to be macho. Such fun stuff you shared on these entries.

Travis Laurel said...

What a funny kid! I have got to get down there. Enjoy that sun and see those kiddos. Levi would love playing with Ollie.

Grandma Krissy said...

What an awesome boy!