Sunday, December 1, 2013

Welcome December

Adam has to go on a work trip to Tempe AZ for the first week of December. So that means that since we didn't have anything crazy going this weekend after Thanksgiving, I asked him to put up the Christmas lights. Waiting until a week into December seems almost like a waste of a week don't you think? ;) Anyway, my wonderful husband got right on it and it looks wonderful! Hurray for Christmas time! I think I'm so excited cause my kids are so excited! Ollie has been asking since summer when it'll be here. 
We wrapped our lights really well last year, so the whole process went fairly quick and easily. While I helped Adam, the kiddos played well. Gabe helped keep Milo happy. 
Ta-Da!
We also put up the Christmas tree and other decorations. I once again, complained about our tiny old tree. It's seriously falling apart, and doesn't hold any ornaments. Ah well, one of these years I'll convince my sentimental husband to trade it in for a pretty big one. ;) We also need money for a new one, so I guess I better wait for that too huh?
Got their ornaments ready to put on
Gabe wanted to put the star on, but she does every year. So we let just Ollie have turn since he showed true interest this year. 
Milo loved putting the ornaments on, and loves just as much to take them off. He is pretty relentless. For that reason I guess I won't put any presents out early this year. 
Nothing better than decorating with Christmas tunes in the background. It made us all happy. 
Post decorating wrestling/fun.
Time to start the Advent today
After we dropped Daddy off at the airport we made paper snowflakes to hang around the house
Much more fun in store

4 comments:

Travis Laurel said...

I have been begging trav to get our tree out of his parents garage. He finally brings it home tonight and forgets the main post. Now I have to wait again to set it up. Grr taking forever.

Katrina said...

We're hoping to get a real tree this year. Gotta wait for payday so hopefully we'll get one this weekend!
I wish Steve was as good as Ad about doing house lights. Maybe we'll get them on the banisters....

Judy said...

I love to put up the decorations and by the end of the month I am dying to get them back down again! Tell the kids those snowflakes are really great!

Grandma Krissy said...

I love your lights and tree. Christmas music is my favorite thing about Christmas time!