So after our trip I got home and just had to potty train Milo. Don't ask me why, but I got home and just had to get it done Jet Lag and all. I was kinda crazy and lived off Mtn Dew the whole week, but I just wanted it done. Had I known how stressful it was going to be, not sure that I would have tackled it like I did, but he got potty trained in the end.
You'd think knowing this little man and all his other milestones with him independently wanting to do them all himself, that I would have considered that with potty training, but I didn't even think of it. He was all about sitting, all about the new undies, and the rewards/stickers, but he WASN'T about actually peeing in the potty. He got that he he wasn't supposed to pee his pants or on the floor, he just did not want to pee in the toilet. It freaked him out. So he would hold it. And HOLD IT AND HOLD IT AND STRES ME OUT! After 3 1/2 days of him being pumped full of juice and refusing to go, I was worried he's hurt himself. I finally told Adam tearfully that I'm done. That I wasn't gonna have him hurt himself and that I'd rather wait a few months. So on the morning of the fourth day when I started putting a diaper back on him, he asked what I was doing. I explained that he couldn't wear undies unless he went in the potty so he had to wear a diaper. He told me no, and that'd he'd go in the potty. And he did, by himself cause he chose to. Dang kid, wish I had tried to put him in a diaper sooner than that. So after that he went. We still struggled with bedtime and poop a bit, but he had it down and at the end of the week he was good. Now a month later we've finally got him standing up to pee with out his potty seat. Hurray for a diaper free house! Now we are starting to give up naps, and this kiddo will be such a big boy!











No comments:
Post a Comment