Wednesday, October 22, 2008

5 months have come and gone...

Here we are again, it's the 22nd and Gabe is another month older. It's getting to the point where the hospital does feel like a bit ago, but it doesn't seem like she should be as old as she is. This month has been filled with so many changes. 

-First off, her nap time is wonderful, if we're at home. She goes down great for her naps and they feel more scheduled out. They are also longer than a half hour. :) You give her her blanket (thanks aunt Michele), her binky, and her doll (thanks Nana fluke) and she's oh so content to fall right to sleep.  Night time is starting to get a little less hectic, but still some drama there. 
She's into this new phase where she feels like she has taken another nap and wakes up 3 hours into bedtime ready to party. Ha. Silly girl. We're working on it. 

-She is eating all sorts of Veggies. She loves them all. She is getting so good at eating them with less than a mess. She is practically a pro, which is WAY nice. The funny thing is I still think plain rice cereal is her favorite. You would think after eating all the fun flavors, the plain stuff would be no fun....nope she loves it. Is she gonna be an eater like her daddy? 

-She is rolling over, but not on purpose yet. She does is if she is desperate enough, but hasn't figured out it can be fun. She is getting stronger at sitting up on her own. She wants to be mobil but hasn't figured out has she can be. She just stretches out her body and reaches for what she wants. 

-She is now ticklish EVERYWHERE. So that means tons of laughter from her. She dives for Greta any chance she gets, and loves to torment her. She has this new look where she tucks in her lips, we call it the Sarah Grace look, cause it's the look we remember SG doing a lot. It's way cute. She also does that shy look, and tucks her head into our shoulder when you smile at her. 

- She can hold a bottle, which I'm transitioning into a sippy cup already. She is already good at drinking out of it. She loves being outdoors, I think she could stay out there all day. Her personality is shining through, she is way easy going and just loves to hang out. She's getting sneaky at getting what she wants, and has officially figured out how to wrap her Daddy around her pinky finger. LOOK OUT :) She feels so much heavier, and longer of course. Right after her appointment she hit a huge growth spurt. She's getting too big too fast.  We love her in our home and feel so blessed she is here. Happy 5 month Gabe!

Gabe loves to read
Hanging out with Daddy
The "SG" look
Wait a minute...who are you?

Sleeping with her blanky, binky, and baby. 

7 comments:

Brittany Wagner said...

WOW!! 5 months aleady! Is it time for another one?!! That last pic is ADORABLE! My fav. pics of Chuck when she was itty bitty are of her sleeping!! When are you going to bring her over? We need tutu pics BAD!

Katrina said...

that pic really does have a gracie look! too funny! she's a mega cutie in those shades.

Unknown said...

I miss you both and can't believe how much Gabe has grown! She is growing into herself and looking more adorable as the days and months pass. I can't wait to hopefully see you guys! I hope you can make it over! I miss you and wish I could see you all more!
make sure to stop by and say hi to my aunt!

Danni said...

She is growing so much! I love all of the pictures, she looks absolutely precious sleeping! She is totally rocking a Sarah Grace look, I don't understand the whole sucked in lips thing... but it must be fun for them! Wow, 5 months... so crazy!

ACTanner said...

It seems like yesterday when we were both pregnant and only had the dogs -- boy has life changed (for the better!) I can't believe it's been 5 months already -- I remember the day you guys came home from the hospital (thinking of what I had to look forward to :) -- she is absolutely adorable & she is getting so big! I can't wait to see her again!! We miss you guys!

Carpenters said...

Such a cutie...What a lucky girl she is to have such wonderful parents....

Emily Rasmussen said...

such cute pics. And my favorite things is when they start to get all ticklish and you can get them laughing whenever you want...so dang cute.