So last week at about 4 am I'm half asleep and I hear this classical music playing. I actually started humming along to it in my head. It took me a good 10 seconds to realize it's the music Gabe's mobile plays. Odd. I thought maybe I didn't hear her, and Adam got up to change her. I look over and Adam is snoring away. My first thought is that someone is in her room, because why else would it be on? As I rushing to her room in almost a panic, I didn't stop to think what I would do if someone was in her room OR why someone would stop to turn on her mobile if they were in there. HA. It was 4 am, it was out of the ordinary, and I was half asleep and really confused.
So I get to her room, no one is there of course. I peek into her crib and she is sideways so her legs are kicking at her mobile buttons. She is now wide awake and having a gay old time playin with her mobile. She looks up at me with this huge grin, like oh hi mom look what I did aren't you proud? Phew what a random coincidence she turned that way to kick on her mobile. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT. Every night after that around the same time I started hearing her mobile play. Crap now she's wide awake, and has figured out how to turn it on. After about 4 nights in a row I had enough. One night is happened twice. I moved it to the end of her crib instead of the middle. That is where it will stay until my oh too smart for her own good child figures how to wiggle to the end to turn it on. :) I have never seen her turned sideways in her crib since. One smart cookie.
6 comments:
that is too funny! eventually you'll probably have to take the thing down. what a smart little girl ya got!
THat is so funny!!She is too smart!! Good thing she is a babywise baby and is WISE enough to put herself back to sleep! hahaha!
That is just too cute! I'm sure she just thought she was brilliant for figuring that out! What a funny little one, I think this next generation are a group of thinkers! I can just picture her kicking her leg away with a huge grin on her face!
I'm sure you loved waking up at 4 am - or maybe not. The cuteness factor greatly diminishes as the tireness factor increases. But it is a great joke - she's a smart one!
That is just so cute, although a little heart rattling at first I bet. Im sure it wont be long before she figures out how to get to it. They grow up way too fast!!
I have done that before, stumbling down the hall not sure what you are going to find. It is so good she can entertain herself--what a smart girl. I look forward to seeing all the babies on Sunday...Even if it is from a distance...I love all her cute pictures....
Post a Comment