Saturday, March 21, 2009

The big 1-0



10 months! That's double digits. I can't believe how fast she is growing. I have had the chance to hold a bunch of new born babies this week, and I swear Gabe should be among them. Adam says it's weird to tell Gabe to look at the baby, when she used to be the baby people were looking at. Nope not anymore. Our baby girl is working her way to toddlerhood faster than we can keep up. I call this month, the month of her "parlor tricks." She's not walking quite yet, but she has lots of fun new things she can show you. Her personality brightens up our home in the best way. We love you bug, happy ten months!
Her new traits:

- She can show you where her nose is
-She waves ba-bye
-She is a dancing machine, and loves to twist and move. Even at stake conference the girl was all about dancing to "I Believe in Christ"
-She points to everything. She loves to point to something and have you tell her what it is. Especially with pictures, so she now has a new picture book of all your pics, and she is already loving to learn who everyone is. 
-She wants to do everything herself and pushes you or your hand away to get that point across. 
-She throws everything to my greatest horror. That includes her food, so teaching her not to is my biggest challenge right now.
-She is grasping the concept of the word "NO"-but still gets this sly smile before she does it anyway.
-She is pulling herself up on her feet more, crawling over things, and loves to walk holding your hands. I think she could walk with help all day long, she loves it. 
-She is learning some sign language. She can Sign all done, and if she feels like it more and please-she usually just squawks at you still. 
-She says Mom, or MA. Hurray! Some of the other ones are duck, yucky, all done, or done. She tries to say please and bath
-She is a mommy's girl when tired, but wants daddy the rest of the time. She cries if he isn't holding her. She gets sad when he leaves the room or the house. It's simply adorable. She also loves to talk to him on the phone, and constantly points to the phone and says daddy.
-She is so affectionate. She will be playing happily, take a break to crawl over and cuddle you, then continue playing. 
-She has helped Adam and I not munch throughout the day. She has learned that the kitchen is the place to eat, and if you don't bring her along, you hear about it. 
-Some of her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, bananas, chicken, and broccoli. (and gogurt)
-She is trying so hard to communicate and copy what you say, sometimes I swear she says words clear as day. 
-She sticks out her tongue when trying to concentrate on doing something. It's so funny. (she top pic)
-She is the biggest cheese ball and loves to smile. People can't believe how much she smiles. She has recently discovered she likes to be center of attention when people are over too. (once she gets over her initial shyness)

Here are the pics from the last month, they are just random ones around the house:

-Standing up in the crib on her own worried how to get down.
 
-This is her scream-talking down the hall way.

11 comments:

Lenard said...

she is just the cutest, every month something new and exciting, and getting bigger and bigger. I"m really glad your showing her our pics that way we aren't complete strangers to her. Her hair is getting long that you can put a clip in it hurrayy!! I love her cheesiness and can't wait until we come and visit! Happy ten months Gabe!

Katrina said...

she is such a cutie. i love her big cheese grin. too funny. just make sure she knows who aunt katrina is! i want to snuggle that little booger so bad.

KBPatterson said...

I love that she stops playing to cuddle...how cute is that. I love that she sticks her tongue out when she is concentrating! Sounds like there is never a dull moment! Happy 10 months Cute Girl!

Judy said...

We sure are excited to be coming to see this little dolly. She has the kind of smile that just makes you have to smile too. The pajama picture is so sweet and the first one is all mischief.

The Letterman's said...

she's got the same pj's as Sophie, we need a picture of them together! Abby was shocked the other day when I mentioned your baby she said ha? Mandy has a baby? Whoops looks like we need to visit!!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Happy 10 months Gabe! She is such a cutie, love to hear about all her new traits and abilities!

Brittany Wagner said...

I love her Christmas jammies!! Too cute!! Happy 10 months Gabey!!

Danni said...

It's so fun having a happy baby around the house! The picture of her in the hallway looks just like you Mandy! I love my little Gabe, can't wait to give her a squeeze in July...Happy 10 months beautiful girl!

AmyJane said...

Precious baby! She really is a doll...those dimples kill me! Also, I love that she has those skinny little ankles and wrists, and yet manages to have a double chin in a few of those pictures. How does that even work out? This is a really fun age for babies--the start of toddlerhood but still SO CUTE.

Trev & Celina said...

I can't believe she talks! She is one smart cookie!

Emily Rasmussen said...

dimples! LOVE them!