Thursday, March 26, 2009

Calling all Cooks


So I feel really burnt out of my recipes lately. We have been eating the same ones over and over....gettin old. I have a pretty good list of all of our favorites and we rotate between them, cause they are easy and fast and I know how to make them. Now I'm just sick of making them, and eating them. I need some new fresh EASY ideas. I've tried the internet, but they all seem too elaborate (at this time in my life) with lots of random ingredients. I feel so stuck.
Come on ladies, I would be so grateful you have no idea. I figured I'd turn to you other mom's for some help. You can relate to cooking with little ones and the tighter budget. So if any of you care to send a recipe or two my way through this or email, I promise I'll love you forever. THANKS!

6 comments:

AmyJane said...

I'll make you a deall--I'll email you a few of our faves tomorrow, if you'll do the same--we're bored over here too! I'll try and send them this weekend by email.

Judy said...

Have you sat down with a good ward/work cookbook and really read them? They tend to be the best tried and true recipes of all. Have you done Chicken Divan? Adam and Gabe would love it.Baked ziti is easy lasagna. I made some great whole wheat buttermilk pancakes the other day. Call me if you want me to bring some ideas next week.

Danni said...

I'll see if I can find some of our favorites to send your way...I may have to do some revising for Mr. Adam!

Katrina said...

i have a tasty chicken cordon blue crock pot recipe that steve and i love. basically you just mix a can of cream of chicken soup with a cup of milk. put 2-3 chicken breasts on the bottom of your crock pot, pour half of the soup/milk over that. layer ham lunch meat and either sliced swiss, or i've done shredded motzarella over the chicken. pour the rest of the soup over that. then pour a box of stove top over the top of all of it. then it calls for like half a cube of melted butter to put on top of it. cook on high for about 3-4 hours. or low 7-8. we love this. sometimes i leave out the cheese, and its just as tasty. hope this makes sense. if you dont like stove top, you might be able to improvise, but its easy.

Brittany Wagner said...

My mom just bought me the food nannies cook book and it is REALLY handy. ANd it is food that Adam will like. It is good home style cookin! Call me you can borrow it if you want ;)

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Go to my other blog- its a recipe scrapbook, there are so many ideas for dinner/breakfast. I have tried many of them and they are quite good. I too get in a rut and cook the same things over and over again. but lately have been trying new things and they are actually worth doing again :0)