I know it's late, and I'm sure that most of you are sick of looking at posts for Gabe's birthday, but this post is going to happen. Not only do I post her monthly updates for journaling purposes, but I refer back to them when scrapbooking for her.
So here we are a few days late, but a year into my daughters life. Honestly it was a little more emotional for me than I thought it would be. I had so many emotions going on inside of me knowing that my baby girl has now become a toddler. I really can't believe how fast time went by. People tell you it does, but you don't understand it until they are here. It seems like I was so excited for her next milestone or accomplishment, that I didn't realize how quickly things were happening. Looking back time FLEW! now she is our "big" girl. Here is my picture timeline of her first year:
At one year old she is such a little stinker. She loves to tease, flirt, and charm anyone that she can. She loves to go to stores just so she can smile at everyone surrounding her. She loves riding in shopping carts. She is constantly talking and rambling telling you some sort of story. She has what I call her pouting words down. When she's sad she gets this tone that's so sad and tells you all about it. She has the meaning of no down, especially when she doesn't want to do something. She shakes her head no and loves to throw some tantrums. She has learned how to say yes when she really wants something too. She cuddles everything. Everything meaning her books, stuffed animals, shoes, binkies, bottles, her food. Yes all of her food gets a nice hug before she eats it. It ends for a messy meal, but it is simply adorable. Nothing cuter than watching her cuddle her PB & J sandwich. HA. She no longer wants you to break things apart for her to eat, she wants a sandwich just like everyone else. I usually make her one then smoosh it down so she can bite it. Whatever works. She loves to be outdoors. Dirt is her best friend. She loves to watch the birds and points them out to us half the time. On the way into church today I had to stop so she could show me the birds in the trees. She loves her bike, and got a different one for her birthday that we feel better about her riding on. She still throws everything, and I still can't get her to quit even though I take it away once she throws it. I think it really is just one of her favorite things to do. She shares everything. If she has something she wants you to play with it, eat it, or hold it too. She is not walking yet, but on the verge. I'm not in a hurry to push it, she'll do it when she's ready. She loves to say, "this" and point to everything. She loves to talk to Daddy or anyone on the phone. She now hands me the phone and says,"dada." So we call Daddy. She gives him kisses over the phone, meaning she just kisses my phone. She loves to share her kisses, as most of you know.
We love this little girl. We can't get enough of her, and we still can't believe how blessed our lives are with her in it. She makes are family better, and brightens up our home. I am constantly amazed at all you can do. I love you bug! Happy one year!
Love,
Mommy
She is the cutest girl in the world!! I love coming home from work and seeing her huge smile and have her come hurry to my arms. I love how she will cuddle me to sleep. I can hold her for hours as she holds me close. I am so thankful to have such a special spirit in our lives. It is such a blessing to be her Daddy, I know she will teach us so much, and be a wonderful example to us in the many years to come. I love you my Gabrielle forever!!
Love,
Daddy
6 comments:
She's surely a precious little one. This has been a fast year. I feel like being a grandmother to such darling little girls is one of the best things that has ever happened to me in my life!
Time does fly, and we had a blast celebrating her one year b-day with her! She is the cutest ever, I can't ever get enough of her when we see you guys, her smile gets me every time, thats why I had to give her a cookie at the wedding ha!! She is so tiny but can do many big things. I love her and can't wait until we see her again, happy one year Gabrielle, we love you!
Love your auntie Heidi, uncle abe, and your two cousins, Cierra and Laiya!
She has become such a an amazing and beautiful little girl. Look at all that she has accomplished this past year! She has such a cute personality! Cherish every moment, they fly by so fast! It is sad to see them grow up, but it is also very exciting. Her adventures are just beginning! We love you Gabe! Happy first birthday!
Happy Birthday Gabrielle! I love you!
What a doll she is. Happy Birthday Gabe! Sorry we werent able to celebrate with her at her party! It was so good to see you guys, next time we need to make sure Adam comes out.
Happy Birthday Gabe! How quickly that first birthday comes around...we can't wait to see her in July!!
Post a Comment