It all started late thursday night when Judy and Trina arrived here to help Adam and I out with babysitting Gabe. (Plus it was a nice excuse to have visitors) On Friday Adam and I got to attend a fireside with Elder Bednar and Elder Anderson of the twelve. It was the coolest thing ever. It was at a stake center, and it was for all young adults and young married couples in our area. There actually weren't as many people there as I thought there would be. I figured they'd have to broadcast it into other rooms, possibly other buildings. (we've had stake conference bigger than that) Nope, just the overflow and the stage. Instead of listening to talks, they made it a question and answer meeting. Have you ever had an opportunity to ask an apostle anything you want? Yeah I hadn't either. It was amazing, that's all I can say. It is something that I will most likely never be able to experience again, and something not many people get to attend. For 2 hours we were able as a group to have our questions answered. Afterwards we also got to meet them and shake their hands. Now, I've been to large firesides in Utah with apostles and even the prophet before, but nothing this small and personal. The spirit was amazing, and made it clear that these were men of God. We both learned so much and are so grateful to Judy and Trina for putting up with our daughter who was being VERY difficult. We love you guys for it, and Gabe loves you too. :) Also thanks for all your help around the house.
Saturday we ventured all over the place, and made a special trip to Tahoe so Trina could see it.
Sunday we had a get together with some of our close friends for Gabe's early birthday celebration . She and I will be in Utah for a wedding on her real birthday, and Adam has to work. (So he's stuck in Nevada) So we celebrated early. It was so much fun to see all of her buddies playing, and see her reaction to her cake. Here are some picture of the fun:
Gabe's buddy, Owen
Elliot is the cutest little guy ever
Charly and Owen showing Gabe how fun her presents are
We played outside with bubbles and sidewalk chalk after we ate. (Evrik showin how it's done)
And of course the cake pics:
That's right folks, isn't she a beaut? That puppy is obviously home made. I tried to be creative(in the so very little time I had to get it done)....HAHA. I can honestly say it's my first cake I made. (We're not big fans around here) At least she'll just remember how yummy it was, and not so much the look of it.
She grabbed on right away, but then got freaked out by the stickiness
She of course put her hands in her hair. We finally had to kinda shove it in her mouth to make her realize it was yummy and packed with sugar. She loved it!
And wanted to touch everything..
And share with everyone. (She tried putting her fingers in Charly's mouth)
The end result...(I had to give her watermelon to distract her so I could take her cake away)
Thanks to all of our friends that made her first birthday great. Now I've got two days to get my house in order, our bags packed, and my to do list done so I can head out to Utah. My 1 year post on her official birthday will be late. I also wanna try and get as many of her cousins together to play at the park on her real birthday-so heads up Utah people you're invited if you wish to attend. (sometime later afternoon on friday) SO, there is a lot more to come, if i can get it all in.
6 comments:
You've got to love a baby who really knows how to get into her food! Those pictures are the best ever. She looks like she had a blast! I wish we could have stayed for show. I hope those rolls worked out for you. I think we did pretty good with all our scrambling for butter, yeast and potato.
My favorite are the cake pics! Her sticky hair is fantastic! It's no fun unless they dig in and get messy with their first cake! She is so adorable! I am so glad she was able to have an awesome first birthday with all of her friends there. We can't wait to see the cute birthday girl. And I am jealous of your fireside. I bet it was absolutely amazing. You'll have to tell us more about it. Talk to you soon! (Adam, we're sad you won't be coming.)
That is awesome! She's so beautiful, even with the frosting in the hair. I guess its to be expected. She somehow managed to get it all in her hair that weekend. The cake looks yummy! Love you Gabe! Happy Birthday!
I totally love the pictures. The cake ones are definitely the best, and way too funny. Me and abe were laughing our heads off, they just kept getting worse and worse. Can't wait to see you guys this week. Count us in for friday, and let us know if you want us to bring anything. Love ya and Adam we'll miss ya dearly!
Happy Birthday GABE!! Seriously I can't believe she's already 1....I can't believe Ethan will be 1 next month -- doesn't it seem like it was just yesterday when we were swapping dog sitting to have these guys?? And by the way -- I think the cake looks great!!!
that last picture is the cutest thing ever!!! WOW a year. She is such a doll. Her facial expressions are so dang sweet. Love that girl!
....Wait did you tell me your were going out of town? Will you be there on Sunday? Oh, here comes the panic attack of realizing I have absolutely no memory of anything that happened on Sunday. :O) ...did you already leave town? Oh, yeah you did. Right? Or was that Amy I am thinking of. I am really losing my mind. :O) It will be a fun surprise to see if you are there this next week. :)
...Well cute pictures anyways. And HAPPY Belated birthday Gabe!!!
Post a Comment