Friday, May 8, 2009

The good genes

Today I stopped by the library to pick up a book. As I was checking out, I was looking for my library card in my wallet, and it was hard to find. I was a little distracted when the 2 librarians started a conversation with me. One says, "Oh she's so cute." (meaning Gabe of course) "Thanks," I said still looking for my card. (not paying too much attention)
 "She looks just like you," She tells me. " I don't usually hear that, people tell me she looks like her dad," I responded still searching. She then tells me, "She has................ your forehead."...........(I pause looking for my card) Did I just hear this woman right? "Yeah she does." The other librarian agrees. "Hmm," I said. (Not really knowing how to respond to that) 
 I don't know about the rest of you, but I can sleep easy tonight knowing that I passed down this awesome forehead of mine to my daughter. HA! Random eh? I was obviously amused.

7 comments:

ACTanner said...

Oh come on -- she totally has your forehead!! :) Seriously a random comment!! Talk to you guys soon -- can't wait to see you this summer!

Judy said...

That is hilarious! But since I've always thought you and Adam look enough alike to be siblings, who can tell who she looks like these days. She's just an adorable child!!

Katrina said...

hah!! thats too funny!! now you can tell people, "she may have her father's eyes, but she has my forhead!" haha oh man.

KBPatterson said...

Holy cow, that is hilarious! That is definitely one I haven't heard before. I'd say random. At least it is a compliment...you and Gave have very cute foreheads!

Lenard said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Brittany Wagner said...

BWAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!
Better than Adam's forehead I suppose ;)

chris and janene said...

And here I was thinking she had Adam's forehead. :)