For those of you who have visited our house, not many of you have seen our side yard. Most of you are probably asking yourselves if you knew that we had a side yard. We do indeed. The reason we don't show it off, is because it's a jungle of weeds we have never done anything with. It slowly got worse and worse. It really was a disaster. This year we have decided to plant a garden in our side yard, mainly because Greta can't get to it and it's out of the way. To accomplish this task of planting our garden meant we had to venture into the unknown of the side yard. Boy was it an adventure. After Adam cleared a bunch of random wood, he got started and we joined him a little while later. Overall it took us a few hours to do it with the both of us yankin and pullin. We had to place Gabe in her toy in the beginning, cause of a bunch of sticker weeds we didn't want her playing in. Once we knew it was good, we let her loose. Man did she love the adventure. So many rocks to throw, mud to squeeze, and dirt to try and eat. She was a crawling mud child, and loving every minute of it. She even tried helping by taking the weeds back out of the bucket. Greta ran laps back and forth and enjoyed digging. The pictures really don't do it justice, it's a lot bigger than we thought it was.
(I know it's a lot of random pics, but we really are proud of our accomplishment)After getting it cleared, our friend Matt helped us till it up. Thanks Matt! So now it's a pretty side yard full of some surprisingly good soil, and it's ready for planting. Wahoo! Onto our next adventure of our first garden. Ready or not, here we come!
7 comments:
I, for one, did see that side yard in all it's overgrown glory and you really are to be congratulated in your huge undertaking. It looks so fantastic! What are you going to plant? I'm so excited to see it again. I wish i could have been there to help. Digging in the dirt is one of my favorite things to do!
Your side yard looks fantastic! I bet you are glad to have that done. I too want to attempt a garden. I love that Gabe was such a good helper. Her "Ta-Da" is super cute! Your birthday flowers are beautiful too by the way. I love all the different varieties of flowers! (Good job Adam)
sweet job I'm jealous you have a huge space to garden! You'll love it, good luck with your first! Nothing better then fresh tomatoes from the vine! Plus all the canning you can do, yeah!
What an accomplishment! That looks great!! Having a garden will be so fun for you guys to spend some time outside and together. Not to mention some great food!!
Adam has really good taste!!! Especially with the woman he chose for life!
I love gardens....have fun with yours!
Wow! Your side yard looks great, I can't even imagine how much work that must have been and how sore yall were later! The flowers are beautiful...and so is our little Gabe!
You guys did a great job! love the pics and the flowers he did do a good job!
Post a Comment