* Ollie is becoming a true Momma's boy. I have no objections to this. It's fun to see how excited he gets to see me. He goes to Adam and loves him too, but most days has a Mamma preference. He however, thinks Adam is hilarious. He just looks at his Daddy and busts up. It's funny.
* He officially has one tooth up and broken through. One of his front bottom had sprouted, and I think the other is following closely.
*He still loves to be held. Even when you sit next to him, he climbs on your lap to play.
* Speaking of climbing, that's all he does. He climbs and pulls himself up onto his knees all the time. If you stand next to him he climbs your leg, he climbs into my cupboards, and onto anything next to him
* He is into EVERYTHING! Nothing is safe anymore. He finds his way into, onto, and to everything. He isn't officially crawling, but he's definitely mobile and all over the place. Sometimes I honestly have no idea how he gets to where he ends up. He scoots on his bum while sitting, or rolls, or scoots on his tummy or turns in circles on his tummy. Not really an army crawl. He kinda slithers. Or he goes up on his hand and knees and dives forwards. He used to bonk his face a lot doing this, but he's getting pretty good at it. He has taken a few "steps" while on his hands and knees, but isn't there yet. Looking pretty soon. AH! Nothing will be safe. ;) Especially since he loves cupboards and chords.
* He sleeps excellent. I dropped the 10 P.M. feeding. So he goes down around 7:30-8:00, and goes until 5 and I feed him. He usually goes back to bed until seven or seven thirty. Works great. Every once in a while he'll still wake early or go down early, but he's getting on more of a set schedule for the first time ever. So nice.
* He loves random things to play with. Goggles, or Spoons, or straps on bags keep him the most entertained. He also is fascinated by people's hair. Poor Gabe. He does love balls right now though.
* Gabe taught him this "fun" high pitched squealing game to do when he is in his high chair. He thinks it's hilarious and I can't get him to stop doing it. When he does, Gabe and him burst into giggles.
* He also plays this funny laughing game with me when I feed him, it's great.
* We got him the bath duck we used with Gabe. He LOVES it. He loves to splash and splash even when he can't see. He just smiles and laughs the whole time he's in there.
* He wears 12-18 month clothes right now. I think he weighs about 21 pounds or so. We'll see at his nine month appointment in June. We are transistioning him into Gabe's car seat. We had to get her a new one. He has outgrown the infant one. Kinda too bad, cause it was a little nice to contain the active boy.
* He still struggles with finger foods, but is getting better. I've had way to many times Adam and I have had to help him cause he's choking. Yeah, I don't love it. So we take it slow. He's gotten lots better. He does the best with crackers and breads. Some fruit. He does love baby food and baby snacks like puffs, so we'll just take it easy. He's slowly progressing and I'm okay with that. He's learning how to move stuff around in his mouth more, and he's got the chewing motion down. There hasn't been any food he's just loved. There has been more he didn't like. He does like bread, avocado, and the chicken he tried.
We love you Big O! Happy 8 month!
I was worried that with multiple kids, I would be bad at not taking as many pictures of second or third kids, etc. So I have made it my goal to try to capture the same things and take as many pics. So far so good, obviously. My favorite thing is seeing him experience those "firsts" moments, I hope to capture them all. :)


























6 comments:
I love the duck! He is growing so fast and such a handsome little man! What a happy boy.
What a cutie! Its so fun reading your posts about Ollie and just nodding my head along. I cant wait until these two kiddos are old enough to play together. I'm sure they will be good friends.
I should be better about taking pictures. Its just such a hassle trying to remember to get the camera out!
I think nothing will be safe in the next few months. Good luck. NBut what a cute boy he is - The many faces of Ollie - all cute!
I can see Adam a ton in all those facial expressions! I bet pictures of the two of them will be hilarious as Ollie gets bigger. Sheesh I love his eyes!
I love all of his cute facial expressions! He is so stinkin cute. It won't be long now until he is crawling all over the place. I love when they are Mama boys. When they get older they seem to love to hang with Dad and do the boy stuff so cherish the moments he only wants you. His gelled hair makes him look older! Super cute! (Love the pic with letters stuck to his head:))
He is so freakin CUTE!!! I agree he does look olde with his hair all gelled up, but looks so handsome. I love his expression in the ducky!! He is so cute wish we could have seen more of him while you were here. TEll Gabe I said happy birthday too!! Love and miss them both!!
Post a Comment