Monday, May 23, 2011

Gabe's Birthday Party

When you would ask Gabe how old she is, she'd tell you she is almost three. On her birthday when you would ask, she would go to say that, then stop herself and say, "I'm three it's my birthday!" She was saying and singing about it being her birthday all day. She was very excited all week for her birthday and to have her friends over to play. We invited all of our good buddies and their kiddos over for cake and ice cream. Their kids are all of Gabe's favorite friends. We're so glad that they could all make it to support her and hang out. We playing an old school game of the pin the tail on the donkey, and let the kids run wild. So it was simple and basic, but nice. Gabe chose out everything that had to do with her cake, and wanted to help make it. We explained to her that when you blow out your candles, you make a wish. So before she blew them out she whispered, "I wish I can go to the park tomorrow." Well we had to make her wish come true, so Adam took her to the park after church. ;) It was a nice night with friends, and conversation, and presents and play. Thanks all!
Telling us all that she wanted to do that day












Not only did she get some fun gifts, but also some nice hugs and kisses from her friends

We really need to take our decorations down, cause everyday since she wakes up and thinks it's her birthday again. :) When we tell her it's not, she pouts and tells us she just wants it to be again. I guess that means she had a good birthday ah?

7 comments:

KBPatterson said...

That pic of the little boy kissing her cheek is priceless. I love that she was so excited about her birthday! How fun that she got to have all of her friends over for a party. Looks like everyone had so much fun! I don't blame her for wanting it to be her birthday everyday...who doesn't?

Travis Laurel said...

How fun to start having parties that she'll begin to remember. It's so exciting! I love birthdays!

Katrina said...

What a cute girl. Glad she had a fun birthday!

Grandma Krissy said...

You have some really good friends. What a good mom and dad you are to her. You made it such a great birthday!

Judy said...

Nice that she got to have a birthday party with those friends just before you move. Love the sweet kiss on the cheek.

Lenard said...

You did great on her cake way cute!! She is so funny, and I agree the little boy giving a kiss is just adorable!! Looks and sounds like she had a great time and she deserved it. Love her!

Danni said...

I'm so glad she was able to have a birthday party with friends, I think it makes the day that much more special for them! Happy Birthday sweet Gabe!