Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fluke Fun (Utah Trip Post #6)

We ended the week with the Fluke side. We love hanging out with these guys. Seriously I could sit around and chat all weekend, and be content to catch up with everyone. We had Cj and Heather's wedding on Saturday. I didn't get many pictures, cause I was holding Ollie, and Adam was running the video camera. So we did film it, and got a few shots afterwards of the kiddos in their cute dresses. Gabe and Sarah Grace were the flower girls, and did very well at their job. Good thing Gabe had Sarah Grace who has done it a few times before, cause she didn't know quite know what she was doing. She did great though! After the reception, we had a joint May birthday celebration, and some delicious fondue. SO YUMMY! Thanks for all of our fun gifts as well, we were spoiled. Sunday we woke up to a yummy Mother's day breakfast, and we loved hanging out with everyone. We also always like going to church at Nana and Papa's ward so we can see fun people we know. Thanks for the visit, even though we wish it would have been longer. Love you all!













Hanging out after the wedding


An awesome game of Duck Duck Goose. Gabe would keep running around in circles, and Sarah Grace was famous for skipping over peoples heads in excitement to get to the next person. I love watching these girls get the hang of this game.

These girls definitely loved hanging out together.


Our joint May birthday party. Thanks all!





I found these on Adam's phone, so I added them on. The Uncles are such a hit with the little girls

We drove home during the night, the first time trying that. It will be the last time we do that at the end of a trip. We both were beat and I made myself stay awake to help keep him awake. I didn't even take my normal turn driving, cause I knew I wouldn't be able to do it. Adam felt better than I did though, I let him sleep in that morning late so he would feel more refreshed. We started playing games to keep us alert and both downed a Moster energy drink. It was horrible, and I hope to never have to drink one again. We chewed sunflower seeds, stopped to walk around. Had we not had to be home to do his paper route, we would have probably stopped to sleep for a few hours, but we had to get back. It didn't help that we hit rain and snow. SOOOO much fun. We also found out that Ollie does not sleep soundly in the car. Thus, defeating the purpose of driving at night. Gabe was out as soon as we hit the freeway, and woke once when we were almost home, cause she was talking in her sleep. Ha. We made it though, safe and sound. The nice thing about it was that Adam and I did get some good quality talking time in. :)

4 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

Gabe looks so cute in her dress. And Ollie looked like he was having fun too. What a fun weekend. They always go by so fast!

Katrina said...

So much fun playing and chatting with you guys. The girls are so cute together. I think as they get older they will be great buddies. Glad you guys were able to spend the weekend with us all.

KBPatterson said...

I'm so glad they threw you guys a joint bday party! Your in-laws are fantastic. Gabe and Sarah Grace look like they had so much fun together! I love that they are such cute and great buddies! I'm glad you guys made it home okay too we were worried about you driving home in your tired state.

Travis Laurel said...

I think Ollie with his goggles is pretty much the funniest thing ever!! what a hilarious toy to get attached to.