Tuesday, January 3, 2012

STARTING PRIMARY

So I just got called to be the co-primary chorister. I gotta be honest, I think it's a silly calling for me, but obviously I've got something to learn. I should probably learn to shut my mouth really. The last chorister just moved, she was it for like two months. I was sad the lady before her got released, cause she was AMAZING. This newer lady, not so much. I knew Gabe would be coming into primary and I wished the old one was there to teach her the songs instead of the new one. Served me right for being judgmental I guess. Ha. Now I have it even though I can't lead, can't sing, and can't read music. I KNOW kids don't care. The primary president told me they didn't even take if we could sing into consideration. They just want someone who can teach supposedly. (My co-partner supposedly isn't musically talented either I'm told) I do agree you need a good teacher and that the words are the important gospel part they learn. I do think it helps having someone who can teach music well though. The tunes of the songs are what are catchy for kids to remember the words. (If I'm even using the right terminology-I have no idea, I don't speak music) Oh well that's just my opinion. I never even expected I'd get asked to ever do it. Goes to show you just never know. Wish me luck. Last week was my first week and it was easy. Only cause I just had to sing wiggle songs to keep the sunbeams comfortable. Next time I teach a new song I have no idea how it goes. Ha. When I was in the primary presidency we used to all hate teaching the music if the person was gone. None of us knew what we were doing. Kinda funny here I am.

ANYWAY, I was excited I could be in there for Gabe still. We tried to make sure she was as prepared as possible. She was ready. As soon as we walked in church she wanted to go to primary. In sacrament one of her nursery leaders sat behind us and Gabe told them all about how she wouldn't be there, cause she was a sunbeam now. So when I sat her down in her sunbeam chair she was stoked even though ALL the kids around her were crying or scared out of their minds. Ha. There were a few things the slipped my mind that I never talked to her about as I watched her in there. Adam did take this one when we got to church. She was very excited.

That's her in the front leaning all over her teacher. We had a girl that would do that to me, and I don't think they need to. I do think it was partly cause he kept blocking her.

She was probably turned around in her seat the whole time, or she had her feet up on the next chair.
I looked over this time and she's holding onto her tongue, rotating hands then touching everything with wet hands including her teacher. Ha! Gross I know, I went and told her not to. I think she was bored. She never does that.

She finally got her turn to come up and help. I took some pictures so I could show Adam. Not very reverant of me, but I was over in the corner giggling. I couldn't help it. I am glad she didn't need me to sit by her, and she was excited to go to class. I won't be there next week, so I hope she still does okay. As much as I would have loved her to pay attention more, I think she did AMAZING for her first day. She didn't cling onto me during singing time either, and she was stoked to sing the songs. Way to go Gabe!!! Can't believe we have a cute sunbeam, but we are excited for her.

5 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

Yes....way to go Gabe!!! She is such a big girl for such a little thing! Sure love her!

Travis Laurel said...

She looks so cute up there helping. Can't believe she's a sunbeam. Adorable!

Judy said...

Were you sneaky taking all those pictures? What a great idea for your family blog books. She seems to be taking it all in stride. And I have great confidence you will be very successful in your new calling. Hopefully you can pick the brain of the good former music leader for ideas.

Katrina said...

What a cute sunbeam. She did such a great job, too. Call me, or any of us if you need help with the learning music/terminology side. You know we are all willing and able to help!

KBPatterson said...

You'll do great in your calling. No worries. And you have awesome people that can help you if needed. Way to to Gabe!!! I have to say I'm not surprised she did so good. She is such an amazing little girl. Love her!