Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I love Valentine's Day for my kids. I love the idea of making them feel extra special. As far as romance goes, I think it's a silly holiday, but I'm not very traditional when it comes to it. I would rather have my husband express his love to me on a day everyone else isn't doing it. I know I go on about this every year, but I figured I'd explain. Even though every year I have to stop myhusband from doing a bunch of things. I'm okay with everyone else celebrating, and I do like it for my kids, so onto the pictures already. :)
Yesterday we made some special Valentine's treats. I was trying to break away from cupcakes, even though Gabe wanted cupcakes. She was okay with my alternative, and I promised her some for St Patrick's Day.
Ollie was cheesing it for the camera. He was very into helping out as well, which made it lots of fun....and messy.
We cut out our hearts and then dipped them in chocolate and sprinkles. Thanks to Pinterest for the idea. Mine didn't turn out quite as pretty and I didn't put them on sticks, but they sure tasted amazing. Plus I had a lot of fun having the kids help me out.

Ollie loved to help with the sprinkles, which surprised me, cause he hates his hands dirty.
Gabe, as always, loves licking off the utensils used. She also introduced it to Ollie, and let him know it's the best. Even though he really didn't care for the chocolate on anything. He liked his Rice Krispie treats plain.
She on the other hand liked as much chocolate as she could get. Thata girl!



Valentines morning we laid out some V-day stuff on the kitchen table for the kiddos. I should have taken a picture before our V-day breakfast, but I didn't. Oh well. :) I went to the V-day section of the store and started loading some stuff into my cart to give the kids. Then I took them to the toy section and they were much more excited about stuff there. This is kinda why I'd rather give them a cheap toy and some candy, than a random v-day stuffed animal or gadget. Even though they'd like it and you can find some cute stuff, I'd rather spend the same amount on a toy that they will use a lot more. Maybe it's cause I'm poor, or maybe because I have no space for randomness and clutter in this small apartment. Either way, that's how we roll for V-day I guess. So Ollie got a car that drives and talks and makes noises. Gabe got a much coveted Rupunzel wig.
Ollie loved his sunglasses the most. We were getting these dollar glasses anyways for our trip, so we added them to the gift goodies.
I was gonna make heart pancakes, but Gabe requested blueberry, so they just ended up pink with blueberries. We made them special hearts with a bunch of printed words in them of all the things we love about them. Personally, I thought it was a nice alternative to card. (Even though I think cards are way awesome to get.)


In her tower letting down her hair
She LOVES this wig. I think it would drive me crazy wearing it, but she thinks it's the best and wore it most of the day. It'll probably end up in a braid sooner than later. It's one dress up accessory that will get used well and often.
She made daddy be Flynn Ryder and dance with her
This is Ollie's car that actually got fought over most of the day. Gabe loved making it drive across the room as well.

This is Gabe singing her healing song (from the show) to help Daddy's "hurt"arm. Daddy hung out a little bit of the morning and that was quite the treat for the kids.
It was fun to get on FB today and read about the happy wives and see all of their pictures of the presents or flowers husbands got them. It's not my thing, but I do enjoy seeing others feeling loved and happy. It's cute. This should have been my picture to post. :) Despite my protests, my husband brought me home my most coveted gift right now. Thanks babe I love your face! I know it's not traditional and it's not what most women want, but it's perfect for my holiday. And yes, I ate it all. He also brought home their Mango rice for dessert. Everyone raves about it, so we tried it. It's mango and strawberries over sticky sweet rice, covered in this coconut sauce. Adam LOVED it, I loved it all besides the sauce. I'm not the biggest fan of coconut sauces, especially pregnant. Adam said it reminded him of a Polynesian dessert.

After dinner Adam spent the evening playing with his kids, while I blog and attempt to load up phones for our trip tomorrow. We spent the rest of the night packing and then cuddled and watched a show. After a nice holiday, it's gonna be a busy day tomorrow getting stuff ready. Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! Hope you all felt a little more loved today!

5 comments:

Judy said...

You are so great creating fun holidays for the littles. I am always impressed with all your efforts to make fun memories. The wig is amazing in a variety of ways and I hope he brings the car so I can play with him on our hard wood floor where it will go super fast!

Grandma Krissy said...

Happy Valentines day to you and your family too. You are so creative and alot of fun!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Glad you had a great day. Looks like a lot of fun making treats with the kids, I have yet been able to make it through a dessert session with a finished product. Most of the time Mikey just wants the batter :) I was always against the holiday until a few years ago, now I enjoy the 'added' day to show your love :) I think whatever works for you and your family is perfect. Its great that you made your kids feel extra loved :)

Travis Laurel said...

Wow that seems quite the excitement there! Glad your day was spectacular! :)

Katrina said...

That is so fun! I'm totally doing it next year. I really slacked this year. Miss A didnt even really know though. Thats my excuse. :) Love the fun.