This previous weekend we went to the parade of homes that they have down here every year in St George. It was so very cool. I have heard that it hasn't been as cool as previous years with secret passages and serious toys in the houses because of the economy, but we really enjoyed it. Maybe it's because we don't own a house and anything looks better than what we live in now, but we were really entertained. Some houses were very cool. They were usually the million dollar homes. Heck if I spent a million dollars on a house, it had better be cool too.
Kami and Brandon came down, cause it's their tradition. It was also planned before we knew about our South Carolina trip, so they have kinda gotten an ear full with us this month. We love them though and will take any chance we get to hang with them. We all have a blast when they are around.
You pretty much just walk through the houses with plastic booties on or in your socks. There were 28 houses total. They have a map of where they all are and each house is numbered with a blueprint of the house. You can also see the price of it and if it's sold or not. We only had time for around ten of them, due to Adam working and naps for Ollie. I took some pictures of the cool/pretty things we liked about some. Lots of fun. The kids did pretty well, even though it's not what they would consider the greatest activity to be doing. Gabe was just content to hang with her cousins.



On Friday night we went swimming in their hotel pool to give the kids something fun to do after a day of touring houses. It was a bit chilly, so we spent most of the time in the hot tub.



If we would have been home instead of on trips, we would have tried to see more of the houses. It goes for two weeks, we just hit the last few days. We loved it and I would love to start going each year. We met quite a few people who traveled pretty far to come to it. Can't say I blame them, it's pretty cool.




4 comments:
I used to love to go to the parade of homes...fun to dream big! Glad you got to spend more time with your sister too....
I used to go too but I spent so much time coveting I had to give it up! But it's fun to dream big. Now I am just happy happy when I can refinish the wood floors!
I love Parade of Homes! I wish we lived where they did some. No million dollar homes in the Gila Valley. Ha.
I love parade of homes. I saw a little kid room once the entire room made from Legos there wasn't a single surface besides bedding and the floor not covered in Legos. It was incredible
Post a Comment