Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Super Bowl Weekend

Adam was very excited to live closer to go up north for the Super Bowl. If we stay here he watches it by himself pretty much, and it's not that much fun. If we go to my Dad's house, all my family usually goes and there is so much good food and game talk. North it was this year. We were lucky it was good weather, otherwise I would have told him no. :)

We had to drop Daddy off at his office Friday so I could run some errands to get stuff ready to go. We ended up leaving around one, thinking that we'd done a pretty good job to get on the road. We had probably been driving for twenty minutes and Adam made a quick phone call. While on the phone, we heard a big bang and looked out our back window to see a bunch of stuff from our roof rack flying out all over the freeway. Luckily it didn't cause any wrecks, and only our blanket and pillows flew all over. Adam had to go retrieve them out of sage brush and mine off the freeway. (Mine was in the middle of the road, so it hadn't been run over) Our roof rack had busted. I thought it might be my fault, cause it was the first time I had packed it instead of Adam. Nope, it was crazy windy, and it was some fluke thing. We still aren't sure how it happened. Not having a dog in the back of our car made it easy to cram everything back there. We weren't sure what to do with the roof rack lid. We had nothing to tie it down with. Adam ended up rigging a spare mountain bike tire lining through it to hold it down. I know that makes no sense, but it worked well until we could stop in Cedar City to buy tie downs. We purchased the roof rack from R.E.I. back in Reno a few years ago. The nice thing about that store is that if you have paid for a lifetime membership, 20 bucks which we had, they take take anything back or exchange it for you. No receipt needed, no explanation on damages, nothing. As long as it wasn't bought at one of their clearance garage sales, they take it. That meant we could probably just exchange it for a new one. We weren't sure, but we were crossing our fingers. The rest of the ride was pretty good. Ollie actually didn't scream as long as he usually does. He took a good two hour nap at the end of the drive and woke when we got there.

We spent that evening with Adam's family eating dinner. Thanks Judy for making us yummy food as always. Gabe enjoying playing with everyone, especially with the new nerf guns and hide and go seek with Papa.

He was proud of himself hanging out in Daddy's work chair.

Checking stocks with Daddy.

Saturday the boys went golfing for cheap at Thanksgiving point and then went to R.E.I. in Sandy to work out the roof rack issues. Luckily they exchanged it and we had a different one to take home. The girls and Ollie played at the house until they got back. I wish I had taken more pictures, but I didn't. I was kinda chasing Ollie around. The girls put on dresses and make up, and danced. They also painted their nails. Gabe was in heaven.
This is them pretending to be babies. They wanted to be swaddled.
Ollie had to join in.
Later that day Kami and Brandon suggested going to this new trampoline place in Lindon they had tried that was a lot of fun for the kids. We went there when the boys were back and it was SOOOO busy being a saturday. There were tons of big kids and we were afraid our kids would get trampled. The kids were bummed so we ended up going to a place called Jumping Kangaroo instead. It was more expensive, especially since the tramp place would have let my kids in for free, but it was very worth it cause Gabe has asked every day since to go back. I took a bunch of pictures while there that I'll do in the next post. If my computer will stop freezing on me, it might be in a few days when I can get it to cooperate.
It was a lot of fun. I think there is a place like that down here, and maybe we'll do it for her birthday. She thought it was awesome.
That night we got take out and hung out, lots of fun.

Onto Sunday we headed over to the party later that day after opening presents for Ty's b-day. Adam watched football, the kids played, and I got to chat with a bunch of our family. Good times.
Sorry these pictures are all phone pictures-sorry. These girls were all born within six months of each other. So when they all four are together, I love to take pictures.
Ollie didn't quite know what to think of Marcus, but warmed up after a bit.
During half time we had cupcakes for Ty's B-day.
Garrett hanging with Adam watching the game, I'm sad it was a bad pic.
Shantay was so good at making sure my kids were taken care of.


Heidi and I are once again prego at the same time. I'm about half way and she's ready to have her other boy. Her due date is Feb 28 (Mine is June 29), but they will probably induce her early. Maybe if I'm lucky while we are there in a few weeks. :)
The girls all drew numbers and then turned on a cd. When your number came up you got to dance on the "stage" in the middle of the room while all the cousins were your audience and watched. I went in around song six to find this out. Gabe had already had a turn. I'm sad I missed her. I asked Deandra, one of the older cousins how she did. I wondered if she was too shy to dance. She told me no, and that she had danced. Good for her. I'm not sure how much she did dance or what song or what she did, but I'm glad she did.
Ollie wandered most of the night with me chasing him. He wasn't sure what to think of it all, or of anyone he wasn't familiar with, but he enjoyed himself.

We drove home after the super bowl that night which worked out well. The kids slept the whole way, our roof rack stayed together, and we got home safe and sound. The only problem was Ollie not wanted to go back to sleep when we got home around 12:30. He was awake until about 2:30. I was not happy. I finally sent Adam in who lectured him and told him to sleep, and it worked and he went to bed. Ha! Wish I had done that earlier. My kids were REALLY grumpy the next day, but all good today. Phew. Gotta love trip adjusting.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

sounds like a fun trip. a little crazy with the roof rack, but glad you got a new one. i love that gabe has cousins so close. so great. wish we had more fluke cousins.

Grandma Krissy said...

Wow....sorry about your roof rack. But I am glad it was only a few things! I am so glad you live closer to be able to visit more with the family...so fun!!!

Judy said...

What a delightful weekend. It was so much fun playing with the littles and I was delighted the Ollie had remembered us from the last trip so he wasn't nearly as shy this time. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

KBPatterson said...

So glad you guys got to come down! It was fun getting to hang out and play! And Ty was so thrilled you would be there for his birthday. I still can't believe your roof rack broke like that, aaahh. Thank goodness for the membership! I love the pic of Adam and Ollie checking stocks. So cute! I love the pic of all the little girls together too. I don't have any recent pics of just them in it. They are getting soo big!

KBPatterson said...

p.s. You and Heidi make adorable pregnant chics! Love you guys!