Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day

I really couldn't ask for a more wonderful father for my children. It was always one of the qualities that was so attractive to me about Adam. He just has such a natural way with kids. Maybe, cause he's a big kid himself and can relate? ;) He is all about playing no matter what. He can come home at the end of the day tired and want to rest, but instead of telling his kids no or explaining he needs to rest, he plays whatever they want. He is amazing. My kids ADORE him. He'd do anything for them. I love him for all that he does as a father, husband, and supporter of our family. He is the greatest. 

I felt like kinda a slacker this year celebrating. It's hard when your pregnant, and your husband still won't let you do anything without his help. Thanks babe, you stubborn wonderful man.We did manage to get him some goodies, let him sleep in some, make him his favorite cookies, cook him his requested dinner, and tell him how much we love him all day. The kids made him some fun stuff at church. We spent dinner time bragging on daddy and taking turns letting him know all the things we love about him. Thanks for all you do Daddy we heart you!
At church they asked him to help in sharing time. Gabe was thrilled her daddy was there. They had these old ties that they ended up having the dads wear, and had the kids take turns cutting them up. I didn't quite catch the lesson, I just snapped some pics from the hallway. 
 
 
 
He definitely got plenty of Mtn Dew and goodies that day
 
 After dinner we had some ice cream
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was hoping our baby would make an appearance on Fathers day for Adam. It would have made his day. Ah well, I tried. :) It's okay we have two other wonderful kids that made sure daddy knows he's loved. 

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Yay for Father's Day! Its so nice we have these special days to show our love.

Grandma Krissy said...

Yes Adam is a wonderful Dad....I am so proud of him!