8 Months on the 21st! I'm late on this post. Saying he's eight months isn't as big of a surprise this time for some reason. I think cause I would almost accidentally say eight instead of seven when people would ask. Don't ask me why, I couldn't tell ya. What is surprising is how much he's developed! He's cruisin through some stuff. It's crazy. He is such a happy boy for the most part. He does have some mild grumpy moments. He has been nicknamed this month Grumpy Bear and Curious George. He reaches for everything, wants to see everything, and throws a fit if you won't let him have something. He is so into getting some things, he'll try to dive from your arms to try and get it. He also has pretty much taught himself to crawl. I need to clarify he's not crawling yet, but he's pretty much there. AND he got there pretty much on his own. We aren't opposed to him crawling, but we don't encourage it with him as much as we did the others. Life is hectic, we both get a little nervous at the idea of him crawling. He hasn't let that stop him. He'll probably be crawling the next few weeks and tie with his brother. However, he is far ahead of both by how fast he got there on his own. I guess he's out to show he can to it without us. He is the only one who has enjoyed tummy time. He STILL prefers it to sitting up.
These pics are so fun this month. He was trying so hard to crawl. Crazy next month I have to worry about him crawling off the bed. He has most of it down. He gets up on all fours and moves his legs in the right motion, but can't get the back and forth movement of the arms down. So instead he goes up on all fours and lunges forward onto his tummy. The lifts himself back up onto all fours to lunge again. Never did an army crawl. He has figured out he can get places going backward. Even though you'd think the slippery tile would frustrate him, he really seems to enjoy sliding backward all over the place on it. He still can't figure out how to get from a sitting to a crawling position, or the other way around. It's so opposite from the other two kids, cause they had getting a sitting position figured out before getting up on all fours like he does.
*He now holds out his arms when you reach to grab him or when he wants to be held. Cute thing.
*He loves to twist his binky in his mouth and play with it. We tend to let him have it more than we did Gabe, cause sometimes life is just easier that way. :) He sometimes gets mad at you when he's upset and you try to binky him. He likes it to be his idea.
*He now reaches and rolls when you are changing him. You have to distract him with a toy, or else he won't stop moving.
*I'm moving him to a four hour eating schedule in the day and he pretty much eats and snacks when we do. He's the only one I've really when able to move easily to a 4 hour instead of 3. The other two stayed at a 3 hour schedule forever. It helps he's eating baby food and starting finger foods. He eats pretty much any baby food, but doesn't love rice cereal as much. Now that he's started finger foods, he's getting pickier about baby food.
*So far he loves puffs, graham crackers, and the yogurt melts. He's tried some bread, pancakes, and some cooked broccoli. We are taking it slow. He's doesn't seem quite ready for some things.
*He does a sippy cup well. He can drink from it well, but doesn't always remember to tip it up.
*He pretty much is sleeping through the night. HURRAY! Well he still wakes two hours after bed to eat and nine or ten. A habit formed from being so sick, and waking a few hours later to hang with mom and dad until like eleven or twelve at night. Luckily he's not sick but just wants to be fed and goes back to bed. I'm okay with that. He sleeps until 6:50-7:30 usually. Unless he pees. He's a super pee-er. It drives me crazy. I've even cut back how much I feed him at the 9/10 pm feeding to slowly wean him off that feeding and he still pees through his clothes occasionally. This of course wakes him and it's lovely. Luckily he's used to it, and goes back to sleep nicely after he's changed.
*Some days he takes 2 naps and others 3. I wish he was more scheduled out in the day, but he's still unpredictable. Some days that's fine, and others it's tricky. It is nice to know he has a two hour wake time. Just not sure how long a nap will be. He usually takes one long one, and then you never know.
*Trying out puffs for the first time here
*He usually grabs a fist full and tries to shove them all in. He hasn't learned the pincher grab that they usually learn around 9 months.
*We let him suck on pizza crust one night
*This boy LLLOOOVVEES balls. Are other two kids liked them too, Milo loves them. He rolls and laughs and thinks they are great. He picks a ball over lots of other toys. He thinks they are so funny when thrown too. So cute.
*Graham crackers are great, but so blasted messy
* Scooting backwards into the closet. He also loves chords. EEK!
*He is so ticklish. He has started to think more things are funny. He also will laugh at his accomplishments. Like he's so proud of himself when he reaches something.
*He now sucks on his bottom lip all the time.
*There were a few times I thought he might be teething this month. Nope, no teeth in sight yet.
*He actually likes to walk standing up holding your hands. He's far from any kind of walking, but he actually walks his feet when you do it.
*He actually likes to walk standing up holding your hands. He's far from any kind of walking, but he actually walks his feet when you do it.
*He seems content with baths. He doesn't love them, doesn't hate them. He doesn't get much time in them, cause Mommy is busy and it's usually and in-and-out thing. When he gets better at sitting up he'll probably like it more. We can't decide if we want to invest in a duck like the others. They are so nice, but we like the quick baths right now. :)
Here is a video from a few weeks ago when he was first learning to move forward with his arms. He's gotten so much better even since then. Not too long now. EEK! I'm starting to baby proof. Not sure I'm ready for this like he is.

















2 comments:
I love his chubby little cheeks!!! And what a smile!!!
He is so much you and so much Ad. I really see a great blend in him. I can't believe he's getting so big! It seems to me solid food=big kid.
And yay for crawling! Wow. I hope you're ready for that!
Post a Comment