Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Around the House

When Gabe and Ollie play she usually will have him be the bad guy, so we are trying to show him how cool super heroes, or good guys like police men or firemen can be. He's kinda into Spiderman, and firemen. He likes to play with his cape and mask a lot lately too. 
If Milo knows you are sitting behind him, he liked to lay back on you. Gabe knows this so she will purposely go sit behind him so he'll lay on her and give her cuddles. If you call pulling the hair good cuddles. :)
I'm trying to really cut back on tv watching time in the house lately. Along with phones/computer for everyone. With sickness galore, it tends to happen. Then the kids just want to watch shows, or I find myself getting sucked into something silly on the computer for a while. With a baby in the house, I'm okay with some show watching while he naps, but sometimes they think that means all day. So I am trying to encourage toy playing, outside play, and pretend play. Sometimes I get huge arguments, but usually they enjoy themselves. So now I get to pump up the creatively and attempt to show them how all those things can be fun, and give them new play ideas. Pinterest is amazing in this way. It is a never-ending source of ideas to help me. :) Anyway, one day I sent them on a scavenger hunt with things I knew they could do by themselves, and could have fun doing so I could get stuff done as well. They had to find shapes and colors around the house and take pics of them, build a tower of blocks, build a tree/flower from play-do, and they blew cotton balls across the floor with straws. They loved it. Whenever I take the time to do things like that, they remember liking doing it and the repeat those activities on their own for a while. I also plan to make a "what can we play" jar. Not a boredom jar, cause I want to prevent the use of that word as long as possible. A jar that just remind them of all the fun things they can play or do in a day IF they need ideas. I made a list, now I just gotta follow through. 
It's official, Gabe can ride a bike without training wheels pretty well. Adam has been working with her on it. She still needs practice, but she is getting good. By summer we hope to take many bike rides, with these two cute boys in tow in the bike trailer and Gabe riding by us. Wahoo! 

Adam and I are trying to be better at filming our lives. So I figured I'd throw some in. They are everyday around the house videos. 

Gabe and the pledge of Allegiance. At the end line, "With Liberty and Justice for All," she gets it mixed up. It's cute. 
Gabe's got riding with no training wheels down. She still needs some practice, but she's great at it. We're excited for this summer to put the boys in the trailer, and have her ride by us. 


I had a few of Ollie and a few of Milo as well, but after a few days of trying to upload them and failing I gave up. :( I'l try another time. So I guess I'll just have Gabe on there. Sorry boys!

2 comments:

Judy said...

That is super cool that Gabe is getting to be such a pro on the bike and I love how worried Ollie is about her being in the road. He is such a caring boy. Love the activities jar idea. Could you Please have it done Before I get there so I can have some ideas of what to do to keep them actively entertained! And I'll try to come up with some too.

Katrina said...

I'm with you on the less TV time. It's so hard though with Ains because it totally cuts out MY cleaning and productive time. She's just not old enough to do activities alone. Or even if she can do some she doesn't think she can.