I decided for Valentine's day I would do something different as far as traditions go. I didn't want another count down, or advent. Those need to be saved for bigger things. So instead I decided I'd get a mailbox, and each morning the kids get heart attack mail. We write down one new thing that we love about them up until V-day on hearts. I want to get a nicer cute metal box in the coming years, to put all the kid's stuff in for the tradition. This year we settled on these babies. We knew Gabe needed a box for preschool, so we got them each a cheap foam one from Michaels, and decorated them with paints. So far they've loved checking them, and are so happy to see what makes them so special to us. I was gonna add in little candy or other stuff, but we're trying to save money, and they'll get that stuff on the actual day. Maybe another year. We decorated them Monday night after our lesson. Gabe has her class party next Wednesday, so we've got some Valentines to make or get together. Can't decide if we'll just buy the store kind, or make some. Pinterest has so many fun ideas, and Gabe keeps asking to make some. We'll see. :)




2 comments:
I vote for the homemade Valentines too. I always loved creating valentines as a kid. My favorites were the ones we made with paper doilies. They always looked so fancy to me. Somehow the DYI valentines have more meaning and love behind them.
I love all the creativity.....keep up the good work!
Post a Comment