Saturday, March 16, 2013

Life with Gabrielle

Here are some new things going with Gabrielle:

*Gabe loves to tattle, trying to be helpful. She doesn't quite understand it's tattling. It's partly our fault she does. Ollie is a huge pest sometimes. He LOVES to tease her and get a rise out of her. So we teach her to walk away and just come tell us. If she doesn't walk away they argue and hit. The have very opposing personalities. She loves to be in charge. Especially when playing. She has an idea of how she wants the "game" to go, so she likes to try and make sure that happens. We have been teaching her when playing with others and friends she can't dictate how they play and what they say and do. She struggles learning this some days. It reminds me of me. I was that way. I remember telling my sister and our friend what to even have their barbies say when we'd play. :) 

*One day she asked me when she could just be a mom. I asked her why she wanted to be a mom so bad and she goes, "I want to be the boss, I don't want to be bossed around and told what to do." She still does what she's told, but she likes the idea of being in charge. She's still a good girl just to clarify. 
I explained if she was a mom right now it'd be cool, but she'd miss out on so much. I listed stuff off: Playing with friends, School, Baptism, make up, dating boys, mission, going to the temple to get married. Then I told her she'd miss out on Christmas as home, and Halloween. 
"HALLOWEEN?"
"Yes trick or treating and dressing up KIDS get to do. But you're right, let's skip to being a mom right now and miss out on all of that."
"No I'll be a kid! I like Halloween."

*She has the BEST giggle. She thinks things are so funny sometimes, and I just love her laugh. 
*She asked me one day if Milo has cousins. I explained he does, all the same cousins she has. 
"Really? What about Ollie?"
"Yep the same as yours."
"So I have to share my cousins with them?"
"Yes."
"Ah man. Ok."


*I was playing school with her one day. She was my preschool teacher. When I was done with Preschool she told me good job that I could now go to college. :) That's a dang good school. 

*She was playing doctor with Adam one night. She listened to his heart and said, "Your heart is thumping really bad. I'm gonna have to remove it. It's ok though, cause I have a really big bandaid."

*She was talking to me one day and told me if I could explain that thing that makes apples fall to the ground if they come off a tree. She said her teacher explained it, but she didn't understand and wanted to know if I could help her. I was thrilled she would seek me out to help her, but how do you explain the concept of GRAVITY  well enough to a four year old? Hey I tried. 

*One FHE night we talked about being like Jesus and how he was baptized, and how we should be too.  So the next day she drew a picture of her baptism day. I love that it's outside in a river like his was. :)

*She loves hard boiled eggs. I was peeling her one for lunch one day and she wanted to help. 
She goes, "Mom, can I hatch it?"

*She's such a good girl. One night she helped Adam pull some of the weeds in the front yard. So the next day when we were outside playing she told me she was going to pull up the weeds for me in the back yard. She was too funny to watch. She would say, "Eww. Eww. Dirt. Eww."
The dirt would fling at her when she'd pull them up and she was dramatic about it. It was funny. Bugs would scare her off for a bit, and then she'd come back determined to finish her weeding. 
*We've been working on our last name with her a bit. So has her preschool recently. So she's really good at remembering the F and the L thank goodness. After that you never know what she'll give ya. I finally made up this little song type thing to help her remember. Only cause I don't want her teacher to get a fun surprise of the F word. 

*She's very good at helping people remember to use their manners. Especially if you talk with your mouth full. 

1 comment:

Katrina said...

She's such a great big sister. And a major cutie!