Here are some new things going on with our Ollie
*He loves to tease and be funny. He is a huge pest and loves to be. He loves to get a rise out of Gabe any chance he gets.
*He now tells you out of the blue that he loves you. It's so wonderful to hear.
*He now tells you out of the blue that he loves you. It's so wonderful to hear.
"Love you mom."
*He's got this thing with two days. He'll say, "Mommmy, more water in two days?"
"Sure you can have more water in two days."
He tells Gabe he's going to start using the potty like a big boy in two days. She gets all excited thinking he really will.
*He's been doing really well with nursery for a while, but now he begs to go. It's so refreshing!
*He loves to color. He also is very into reading books. It's fun to see him slow down and focus.
*I've already explained why I get so paranoid when Ollie gets sick. (Fever can cause seizure) So he does get pampered when he's sick and probably always will. Luckily he fights colds off pretty well. Usually when he does get a cold it only lasts a few days for him. So one night he was sleeping in our room and he was kinda restless. We both woke up to help him and realized he was blowing raspberries with his mouth while sleeping and laughing about it in his sleep. Silly boy thinking tooting is funny in his sleep.
*We have a lot of movie nights with the kids, cause they love them. Ollie LOVES popcorn and loves to cuddle. We were watching finding Nemo and in it they have to talk to the whale. So they make or "speak" whale noises. Ollie thought that was great so for days he would speak whale.
*I have a nickname for Gabe of Goose or Goosie. Ollie occasionally calls her it too. It's cute.
*He's getting into playing catch more. He really likes kicking the soccer ball around or having Daddy help him kick the football.
*He says the cutest things like, "Oh Cool!" "Bummer!" It's so cute what he picks up on. He likes to tell us, "Careful! Be careful!" I guess he hears that one a lot.
*He likes to enforce the quiet when Milo is sleeping even though he's not that quiet.
"SHHHh quiet mom. Be quiet!" In this loud whisper.
*He is very generous and loving. He tries to share lots of things. He was eating a fry and asked if I wanted a bite. I told him no thanks. So then he flipped his fry around and asked if I wanted a bite from the other side. I couldn't resist, I took a bite.
*When we drive he always wants you to just drive faster. He always says, "Dad! GO FASTER!"
*He copies whatever Gabe says. He tries so hard to have conversations and talk to you, but sometimes doesn't know what to say. So he copies me or Gabe a lot. One day at lunch he kept repeating whatever Gabe said. She finally asked him, "Are you copying me?"
He goes, "Are you copying me?" Having no idea what that even meant.
*We think we'll try out the potty when we get home from our trip. We aren't sure if he's quite ready so we'll give it a go and see, if not we'll wait a bit longer. So we've been talking it up with him. Talking about what he does, and being a big boy, etc. One morning he told me he was a big boy. I asked him what do big boys do, hoping he'd tell me go potty in the potty.
He thinks about it and says, "Big boys eat yogurt and cereal!"
He was debating about what he wanted for breakfast and was very proud of his answer.




No comments:
Post a Comment