Giggling * Camping * Diapers * Taking Pictures* ABC's * Blogging * Running* Movies* Reading * Mountain Biking * Playing Cars * Swinging * Cooking * Coloring * Hiking * Ponies * Cleaning * Meetings * Counting * Dancing * Singing *Geocaching * Golfing * Kite Flying *
Thursday, March 21, 2013
Operation Hawaii
Well here we are, just a few days from our trip. I started this better- my- body journey the very end of September. My biggest goal was to just stop feeling so self-conscious. Trying to get rid of baby weight, then pre-baby weight that shouldn't have been there. That was stuck there for a looonng time. It's been a roller coaster. I've lost weight, gained weight, slacked off, worked my butt off, been too sick too work out, ate way too many holiday sweets, etc. I've made an effort to change my eating habits. I didn't want to diet or count calories. I wanted to change my lifestyle for the better. It was much needed. I stopped drinking soda, I have an occasional one. I try to save sweets for the weekends, and generally just try to keep them out of the house when possible. I've eaten more salads than I ever thought I would. :) My meal portion size has been a huge change too. Here's the big question? Did I make my weight lose goal? No, I've still got a little over ten pounds to reach it. Ah well. I did pretty well. I lost all my baby weight, and those 22 pounds that were still hanging on of the remainder baby weight. I wish they would have just "fallen off", I worked my butt of too get rid of those stinkin things. Then I started working on loosing the pre-baby weight. This I should have done forever ago and wish I would have. 25 pounds of that gone and out of the way. Wahoo! I lost a little more than 11 inches around my body in different parts. I think the greatest thing is how much better I feel. I have so much more energy and it's super nice. I'd like to never reach some of those numbers in my weight ever again if I can help it. My goal is to get to where I'd like to be by summer. Normally I wouldn't post stats, but I started operation Hawaii with the intention to report at the end of it. I won't post the before and after pics though. :0) Adam and I were talking about how nice it'll be in Hawaii not being as self-conscious as we could have been had we not worked out. We both still have goals to reach and have some fantastic flab, but we look a lot better than we could have and we're ready for Hawaii. So grateful for this trip to motivate me. :) Bring it on. Can't wait to post about all the fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are on the right track and doing good!!! Sure love you!
Wow! Way to go! I'm on the same kind of plan. Using Weight Watchers to help me learn the portion control, I've lost a little over 5 lbs. lots more to go, but it's a start! I'm with you on the treats. Just can't have them in my house.
Post a Comment