Saturday, February 21, 2009

9 months


We are hitting that 9 month landmark today. It is crazy to me. We met a woman at the park whose daughter was born the exact same day as Gabe. Small world, it was weird to see how both of them have come along. Gabrielle has come a long way in the last month. I think that if we've learned anything about Gabe it's that she is so independent lately. She wants to do things herself and wants to do it on her own time. There is no rushing this child if she isn't ready. Here are her new traits:
-She decided one day she'd start crawling. I really thought it'd be a while longer, goes to show it's when she decides.
-She sits up on her own, pulls herself to her knees, and is pulling herself to her feet.
-She points to everything with her pointer finger
-She says Greta, and is close to saying duck. That's right folks, she says the dog's name before Mama. HAHA! I say Mama to her a million times a day and she just thinks it's funny. 
-She tries to drink her bath water. She will stick her whole face into the water, and it doesn't phase her. She no longer gets to play with her cup in the tub, due to her trying to drink it.
- She is eating all kinds of food. She would rather eat what you are eating. She loves crackers. She'd eat them all day if you let her. 
-Her fit throwing is getting more dramatically intense. Especially when she is hungry and you can't get food to her fast enough. 
-She is still our itsy bitsy bug. She is a whoppin 15 pounds, and has slowed down in height too. I think he said she's 26 1/2 inches.  The doctor predicts her to be tiny (Still healthy), and finally plump up around 18 months. He says that's usually the pattern you see. Yeah we'll see I guess.
-She has been such a Mama's girl lately, which is sweet. 
-Lately as soon as she sees Adam she'll crawl as fast as she can to him laughing and smiling the whole way. She'll hold out her arms to him. It's cute and he loves it.
-She wants to cuddle and kiss you more and more. 
We love having her in our home she is such a blessing. Happy 9 month booger!

I usually try and post a bunch of different pictures from throughout the month, but I did a lot of posts with them. So here are some pics of our recent park trip, and some I tried getting for in her dress. Sorry they are similar. 

Our Park Trip:
Trying to eat the wood chips. She wasn't the biggest fan of the slide and didn't quite get the whale, but...
She LOVES the swing!


(we were all entertained by feeding the Geese until they started hissing at us to get food. Feisty birds)

Some Pics I tried taking before she'd crawl away:

Some around the house:
Pushing her "walker" stroller. She doesn't really have a baby doll to push in it, so her bear volunteered. 
Eating her big girl food:


(Totally oblivious to the turkey stuck to her face)

12 comments:

Lenard said...

I love the pic with the turkey stuck to her face. Hilarious!! She is so cute and is tiny I can't believe it. But getting big all in one! Her dress is way cute and she is beautiful. Happy NIne Months Gabers!!

Judy said...

I love all those happy smiles. She is really developing a personality! I just hope when we see her again in person she still will come to us.
Happy 9 months!

Katrina said...

yay gabrielle! her dress is so cute. its fun to see how much of a hoot she is. when are we going to see you guys again? i guess steve and i need to see if its in our budget to come out for a visit.

Brittany Wagner said...

Chuck is yelling "Say hi Gabe!" We need a play date this week. Your kiddo is pretty dang cute!

Emily Rasmussen said...

she is so dang cute. I am sure your hubby gets sick of me because every time I pass him and Gabe in the hall at church I cant help but comment on how cute she is...is Benjie to young for her? ;) Maybe Bridger will have a chance in a couple years.

KBPatterson said...

I am so loving her dress! That is so cute that she is so excited to see Adam when he gets home. She is looking like such a little lady, I can't believe it! Although she is tiny! Sicily weighs 14 pounds already. She better hurry up and grow or Sicily is going take her. I too think it is hillarious to see the turkey stuck to her face. Yea for 9 months!

Weiss said...

She is SO BIG!!!! I know Deandra is excited to come out and see her. and I can't wait for you guys to come here!!

Danni said...

Such new fun things she is learning! It only gets better! I love all of these pictures and you know what, there is nothing wrong with being petite! She is such a pretty little thing and I can't wait to hold her again....July is just around the corner right?! Mandy, remind me to tell you about a funny dream I had about yall the other night!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Cute pics! She is getting so big- regardless of the weight.. I love the pics with her dress, its adorable. Time goes by too fast with the little ones!

The Letterman's said...

holy cow, didn't know she was such a lightweight. Sophie is alot smaller then Abby was so it's been kinda fun to have a little one that is staying little. Looks like these cousins have about the same hair line too! What a sweetie! I'm a baby lover I decided. I'm not so great as they get bigger but I could love on babies forever!

chris and janene said...

Love the pics. She is such a cutie and loves being outside and doing things.

Carpenters said...

Where has the time gone. They are growing way to fast. She is adorable...