Happy to finally be there, to a two year old the drive felt like forever.
This is the Bay Bridge you first drive over from Oakland out to San Fran
We started off going to the 49ers stadium to take some pictures......
The streets and buildings amazed me. I loved it all. Once you started going down the streets I couldn't help squealing at how steep they were. I have no idea how people parallel park on them. It truly amazes me. You couldn't pay me to drive a stick on those roads. Thanks to Adam who had no problem. I would have been sweating bullets trying to not roll down the streets,
We then headed off to view the Golden Gate Bridge. We didn't drive over it, cause we had already paid our fair share of tolls, and had already driven over a few big bridges. We were content viewing it and taking some pictures with it. Getting Gabe to smile for us was a little tricky, cause she was so crabby when we first got there. Little stinker. It was kinda new for us, cause she's always willing to cheese for the camera. You can see in the nice family pic how excited she was to keep taking pictures. She just wanted to go play in the water. When we told her we were going to play in the ocean, she'd say, "Not the ocean, play in the water."
We had promised Gabe the next thing that we'd do was to play in the water. We wandered down to the beach. The first few minutes we were there, she ate in and feel in the water. Her pants were drenched. (The reason she is in her diaper in all the pics) Luckily I had brought spare clothes in case of a bathroom accident. Adam ran out to pick her up and got his shoes wet. For him I didn't bring spares, so poor guy had wet socks and shoes to walk around in the rest of the day. We didn't bring suits, cause even though there were others swimming, it still was November and way chilly. I do think that we'll try to make an ocean beach trip this summer, cause it was so much fun. Gabe could have stayed there all day. She loved it.
Someday maybe if we go back we'll go to Alcatraz, but with kids we had no desire. We settled for a picture from the beach
4 comments:
I love visiting Frisco!! When I was a teenager a group of us used to go all the time and spend the day.
Steve drove those steep streets too. Scary! I love the bulidings-- the houses are awesome too.
I love, love, love all your pics! So cute! What a fun weekend trip for you guys! I'm glad Gabe got to play in the water. The Golden Gate Bridge looks awesome! Poor Adam, I hate walking around in wet socks and shoes.
Love the pictures of gabe on the beach, too cute!! Her little legs, but what a trooper in that water, i bet it was freezing! The bridge looks amazing too!
Post a Comment