Monday, November 15, 2010

San Francisco #2

After the beach we went down to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39, the ultimate tourist spot. Finding parking was a joke, but if we were to go again after walking around we could tell you where a bunch was. We actually found a nice spot on the street, but didn't want to worry about running back to pay $3 every hour. Which I'm glad we didn't attempt, cause we walked for a while. We ended up forking out the dough to park in a garage. We brought one stroller and a carrier for Ollie. We actually did put Ollie in the stroller a few times, and let Gabe walk, cause he did awesome in it. The carrier worked great, but at the end of the day my back was done hauling around my big little boy.

As you walk along the sidewalk there are all sorts of shops, restaurants, street entertainers, museums, etc. The street vendors were kinda silly, and were all the same thing one after another. The street performers were pretty entertaining. A bunch of random street musicians were everywhere, guys making balloon animals, magicians, guys painted like silver or gold statues. Adam and Gabe both loved watching them. We also saw the "famous" youtube Bush Man. He seriously sits behind big leaves and jumps out at people. No one notices him, cause they are so busy looking at the sights. That's why he's so successful in scaring people. Even before we left, when I was looking up things on the internet, I heard all about this guy. People pay him for this! It was ridiculous!

Since I've lived here everyone has told me that if you go to San Francisco, you have to go to Fisherman's Wharf and eat clam chowder. Now I am a fan of clam chowder, so that was on my to-do-list. We didn't want to eat at a sit down place, cause we didn't want to pay that much for lunch. So we ordered some from one of the stands they also have, and ate on a bench by the water. Adam and Gabe shared some fish and chips, that were very good. The clam chowder didn't let me down. However, I did like the Chowder down in Morro Bay last year at my grandparent's house better. The fish and chips were better here. Here are some pics from the walk




This guy sang and played all of these things at once, he was good too.

We thought it was cool to see all the fishing nets

This guy kept waving to Gabe when he would move, he was nice.

This is the bushman, and he jumped out at everyone. The reason it was entertaining is, cause nobody ever saw him.






6 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

The Bushman???....that's kind of freaky if you ask me.

Grandma Krissy said...

I do love Gabe's balloon flower though!

Katrina said...

Did you get some sourdough with lunch? Yumm.. I'm not a big fish eater, but I had some amazing tomato soup there. Tasty. And we actually went to Alcatraz. Pretty cool. It made my feet tired though.

KBPatterson said...

All the ships look cool. I can't believe how many statue people there are. That's funny to me. And I have never heard of the bushman. I wonder how much he makes. :) Gabe's balloon flower is so cute!

Lenard said...

I agree the Bushman?? kinda Creepy! the boats look great and all the buildings look pretty cool just like you see in movies! Love the statue guys, they do look awesome, I wonder how long it takes them to get ready! You guys are always doing such fun things, love all the pictures and must be nice to live close to a lot of fun things and cities!

Danni said...

I was showing Eric the pictures this morning and he said he remember the Bushman from his trip in high school! So Crazy! I've never tried Clam Chowder, but Sarah Grace had it the other day and she loved it! Nothing better than fresh sea food!