Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving at home. Our planned company got canceled due to blizzard weather in Utah. So it was just our little family. Adam woke up and went and played football with the ward. Meanwhile, Gabe and I got some ideas offline for some fun festive hats. My glue I found out was dried up, so I improvised with staples and tape. Their patterns were cuter than my outcome, but we didn't mind. I thought Gabe would be over hers in twenty minutes. She wore it most of the day. She walked around Gobbling at everyone. Ollie didn't love his, but was okay to have it on for a few minutes. Those are supposed to be wings on the sides of the turkeys. ;0) Adam represented the pilgrims, and I the Indians.





We then cooked and munched and had an awesome feast.

You would think wearing the apron meant she helped cook...nope she just helped sample. We went around the table and told what we were thankful for. We were trying to explain the concept to Gabe. I said family, and Adam said the mountains. We asked if she was thankful for.. family members, toys, etc. She told us no to everything we could think of. We asked what it was she is thankful for...She said Temples. I hope it always stays that way.

Afterwards, we were all SOOO stuffed......


The true results of too much turkey.....

Hope everyone had a nice holiday! Good luck to those of you brave enough to go shopping this weekend! We can't decide if we dare to venture out.

6 comments:

Lenard said...

Love the cute hats! what a fun idea, you guys are always doing fun little activities! Glad you guys had a good thanksgiving, too bad they couldn't come out there thats a bummer!

The Hellyars said...

You guys are so cute. I just adore your cute little family. :)

Katrina said...

i love the fun and cheap holiday ideas you come up with mandy, so cute! glad you had a nice quiet holiday. i kind of wish i could have had one as chill.

KBPatterson said...

What fun hats! I love the turkeys! Gabe has such a cute little cheese in all of her pics. I love The one of Gabe and Ollie on the couch in their hats...Gabe's a happy and Ollie with his "okay I'm done" face. And your turkey tummy pics are so funny! I'm glad you guys had a nice relaxing Thanksgiving! Bummer they couldn't make it.

Grandma Krissy said...

What a cute couple of "Turkeys" you have!

Love You!!!

Danni said...

Sarah Grace loved the pictures with the Turkey hats! She thought it was hilarious!