Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Let the Festivities begin.....


HO! HO! HO!

Gabe is a little obsessed with Santa and Snowmen right now. She has been asking to put up the tree since we got out our Christmas decor Saturday. I love that she is so into it the holidays this year, it's makes it so fun! Sunday Adam had meetings, so we figured we'd decorate it Monday for F.H.E. We also every year pick a new family ornament for the tree. Well Monday we headed out when Adam got home from work to find one to bring home for decorating. We couldn't find one we liked, and by the time we got home, it was time for both crabby kids to go to bed. Tuesday Adam had young mens, so tonight was our night. Gabe has been waiting all day to do it. So when we decided to go do some geocaching before decorating, she wasn't too happy. She got over it when we let her play at the park we went to. Still nice weather off and on here. We came home and let her do pretty much the whole tree. I couldn't get her to stop for a picture, she was way too into it. Here are some pictures from our night.

Gabe has been wearing these pj's since we chose them out for her before Thanksgiving. She loves them. So if it's May and she's still wearing them, don't be surprised.

Getting a good one of both of them is proving to be challenging

Adam was showing him his new ornament, and he grabbed it (accidentally) and held it for a while

Gabe helped with everything she could


Ollie enjoyed watching everyone decorate-His reindeer pj's have the cutest feet on them


I got her to stop for two seconds to take a picture in front of the tree

She told me the star is beautiful cause it's shiny

This is our new family ornament this year. We have a lot of Santa around the house, and not enough Jesus

This chubby cute little snowman seemed fitting for our Ollie boy. Gabe was actually a little jealous his is a snowman, she loves them.



Enjoying a nice fire afterwards

If you could talk to Gabe right now, she'd tell you all, "Happy Christmas!"

5 comments:

Judy said...

These events make the best memories. I loved decorating the tree as a youngster. We had to be so careful to get the real metal tinsel to hang just perfectly. Wonderful times.

Katrina said...

love it. i wish steve would go get our tree. ah. maybe tomorrow. i love your family ornament. i hope you put the year on it somewhere.

KBPatterson said...

Kids decorating the tree is so much fun! I love that Gabe is so into Christmas this year. Your family pics are adorable too! Tell Gabe her Santa pjs are fantastically cute! And Ollie's reindeer feet are stinkin cute too. The pic of Gabe and Ollie on the couch is so cute! I really don't think Ollie looks all that chunky either. I guess when you are use to Gabe's tininess. Fun times!

Grandma Krissy said...

Your family is so cute! What fun memories your are making. I love Christmas....especially the music.

Danni said...

The tree looks awesome and the pajamas are adorable! I have yet to find Sarah Grace's Christmas Eve pajamas. The hats are cute too!! What a fun family home evening.