Friday, December 24, 2010

Meeting Santa

Last night was the night. Gabe got to meet Santa. A guy in Adam's work group does it every year in his neighborhood Culta-sac. All the houses go all out on their houses decorating with lights. That was Ollie's favorite part. He was pretty fascinated. They do a food drive and Santa walks around talking to people. You could drop off a gift prior, so your kids can get one from him. We dropped off a dress, so Gabe could exchange her BOPS for it. On the way down we realized we forgot her bops! How stupid is that? We ended up just stopping at a grocery store to buy a pack. We really wanted her to physically be able to hand them to him. (Best five bucks we ever spent)
Anyway we were walking up the street and Gabe heard bells. She asked what it was, and we told her it was Santa. She was very excited. She kept saying, "Santa! I hear him. I hear him." We walked up and he says, "Gabrielle, how are you?" It was very nice and personable. It made her more comfortable. I think it actually was better she didnt have to sit on his lap. She asked him about his elves and reindeer. It was cute. He then handed her a present, and we asked her what she was going to give him for it. She says to him, "Hang on one minute." Reaches in her pockets and says, "Here ya go, One and Two." She didn't even hesitate. He explained how happy it made him, and that he'd take good care of them for her. We talked a little longer, took some pics, he gave her a festive sucker, and we were on our way. She loved it, and has been talking about it all morning. She was sad Mrs Claus wasn't there though. She really wanted to meet her. What a fun activity, we were glad we did it.
Last night she didn't even ask for her BOPS and went right to bed. We were amazed. Thank goodness for Froggy to help her transition. She did wake up a few times and came into our room, but she never asked for one. We'll see how things continue. She didn't even realize we didn't give him all of her BOPS, thank goodness. I think she was too caught up in the moment of meeting him. Well so far so good. I hope everyone has a nice Christmas eve, and a nice Christmas Morning to wake up to. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!





Surrendering her BOPS

5 comments:

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy said...

What a great beard Santa has. I am so glad she had an enjoyable experience. That's a great story.

Grandma Krissy said...

She is so stinkin cute! And what memories!

Danni said...

I'm so glad she enjoyed meeting Santa! I hope yall had a wonderful Christmas and I can't wait to see all of your pictures!

KBPatterson said...

I agree Santa has an awesome beard! That's great that he was friendly and made her feel at ease. Way to go Gabe for giving up the Bops. That's nice you guys didn't have to wait in a long line to see him.