Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Time


I have to say as obnoxious as the hustle and bustle of Christmas can be, I am really enjoying it. I do feel a little rushed to get things done. Last year I had it all done in November. So this year even though I feel like Christmas is tomorrow I am getting things done. I think as convenient as shopping on the internet can be, it stresses me out that things won't get here in time. It's also stressful to get shopping done in the beginning of December, cause really the longer you wait, the crowds get worse. I've tried to do most of Adam's shopping online, cause I have discovered shopping with the two kiddos is tricky. Gabe is a very observant child. I've seen some parents put items on the bottom of the cart out of view, nope I tried that a few times. A blanket over stuff in the back of the cart doesn't work either, cause she insists on sitting in the back of that cart. Man I don't know how parents do it. Ha! So I had to leave the kids with Adam a few nights to get Gabe's done. Then Ad did Ollie's. Anyway for the most part we are done besides a few small things. We want to try and make some cookies for our home teacher/visiting teacher families, and a few neighbors too. We also wanna locate where Santa will be somewhere to get the kid's pics taken. Wish us luck!

A friend of ours let us borrow a few festive dresses this year for Gabe. So she has been enjoying some pretty dresses. That was nice, cause we couldn't afford one for her this year. Then we got an early Christmas present from Aunt Laurel and Uncle Travis. They sent her the cutest festive dress. She was so excited that this one could be hers and that she doesn't have to give it back. We got it in a package yesterday. She has been begging to wear it. So I let her wear it today and she asked me to take her picture. (the top picture is the plaid dress Laurel and Travis gave her) So I did her hair all cute, and we had a photo shoot. We really did. She told me what she wanted to wear, and where we would take the pictures. She posed all by herself. Ha. She wanted pictures in every dress she has, so we did. Cute girl. (There are some that are just her playing in her tutu as well) Anyway I figured I'd attach some, so this post wasn't only text. Also so those who lent and gave could see her in them. I hope to get some of her in her new dress with Ollie. It might be after Christmas, cause I heard he's getting a cute new church vest that would look adorable with her new dress. Thanks guys! (For letting us borrow/and for her new one) I hope you all are getting everything you need done. I hope you guys aren't too over whelmed, and you're enjoying the holiday season!










6 comments:

Travis Laurel said...

She is so adorable!! I think I'm going to come snatch her up and take her home with me.

Judy said...

Can we say budding child model. She is frighting precocious. So cute. Love the dresses and poses.

Lenard said...

She looks too dang cute!! so funny she had it all planned on how she wanted to pose and where she wanted them taken, how creative is she!

Katrina said...

How funny that she wanted to model so much! Haha! That plaid is the same that my mother in law got for Ainslee. The sleeves on A's dress are like super short, so I'm going to try to get her a little white sweater or something. Cute cute. That girla cracks me up.

Danni said...

I love Christmas Sunday and seeing all the little ones in their pretty holiday clothes. The dresses are adorable and she is even more precious! She's a girl after my own heart!

KBPatterson said...

So stinkin cute! I LOVE that she got into it and wanted to pose. How cute is that!!! She looks so cute in all of her dresses!