and Gabe is stoked! At one week before Christmas, we are trying to patiently wait, and trying to keep Gabe distracted with new snow fall. She wakes up every day asking if it's Christmas eve, despite the numerous count downs we have around the house to let her know how many days we have left. Her next question is always if we can go play in the snow. We have this plan to go see a Santa next week, but she doesn't know that yet. (It's actually a guy Adam knows) There is no way I'm telling her about it until right before we go. This girl is so excited about Christmas, I'm not sure how life will go on for us once it's over. Hopefully all the new goodies will keep her busy for a while. Whenever we ask her what she wants for Christmas, she tells us a dress and toys. She's also a big advocate for Mrs. Claus. She has a Mickey Mouse episode where Mrs. Claus has to come and recruit Mickey and friends to help Santa. You see her more than him, so in her mind she is a very important part of Christmas. Whenever she talks about Santa, she tells us Mrs. Clause is coming too. I'd like to think that if she wants to come along for the ride, Santa takes her with. I think she has an important roll too. Taking care of that man is a big job! :0) We are also trying to convince her that if she wants Santa to bring her presents, than she has to leave all of her "Bops" (pacifiers) for him to take with him. I think the other night she finally grasped what we meant by not using them ever again. She was a little sad, but she is so excited about Christmas, we think it'll work. Everyone cross your fingers. Anyway until the big day, we have been playing in the snow, except it rained today and washed the rest away. Bummer, it was a nice distraction. Oh well. Ollie ventured out in his baby snow suit this morning. I didn't even realize they made these, but we got a hand me one down from someone. At least that's what we think it is. He was fascinated. If it wasn't windy I would have kept him out there longer, cause he liked it.





She LOVED this little sled this year. We wanna try and take her sledding soon, she would love it.

Drinking Hot Chocolate, and watching a show after playing
*Bonus Story* - Tonight we had our ward's Christmas dinner. For entertainment they had the primary kids sing Christmas songs. Gabe stood on Adam's lap so she could watch. When they were done she says, " okay my turn." She had Adam take her up to the front. No one was paying attention anymore, cause the primary kids had sat down. She got shy and embarrassed realizing there were a lot of people and wouldn't sing jingle bells. We thought it was cute she was wanting to perform too. Even though nobody noticed but us. Cute girl.
5 comments:
Aw cute girl. I liked hearing her jingle bells via ping. I love that her snow man is just her size!! Hopefully the Santa and bops plan will work. I'm a little sad for her, cuz I know she loves it.
Love Ollies snow suit. I wonder how Miss A would like the snow. We don't have any. I'm not real sad.
I wonder if you could give all but one of the bops to Adam's Santa and then take the last one Christmas Eve leaving her biggest Santa gift in it's place - a gift for only really big girls! I kinda hate making Santa the bad guy though. Maybe you could just tell Adam's Santa to mention the bops trade at the party. I hope it doesn't spoil her Christmas. She's got a great snowman. Gr-grandpa Hulet loves how she poses for all her pictures!
I wish we had some snow. We've been getting flurries, but its mostly just bitter cold here. We were doing the Santa and paci thing too, but I got fed up so I just started cutting them. She knew in advance that she was going to be losing them and shes been clinging hard. So bam, I started cutting them, pretty traumatic for all of us! haha Love the story. Little kids are so precious and I know my niece was the cutest one there, ok besides my adorable nephew!
I love that she wanted to perform too! So cute. I think it's great she loves the snow. Sicily freaks when her boots get dirty with snow. I have tried to explain that her snow boots like snow but she's not buying it. ha. Gabe's snowman looks like a snow monkey and is as big as she is. Ollie looks like an adoreable glowbug. Christmas is so much funner when the kids are super excited. I am so glad she is so excited. Gabe is so stinkin cute!
Kennedy just gave her binky's up last week. We built up the Binky Fairy as a seperate entity entirely, cause I was a little nervous about her hating Santa later. She's been wanting a Cinderella dress so she traded her binks for the dress. The first night's rough...make sure you cut the tips of all the binkies and bury them in a trash can away from your house. For both of my kids the second night is even worse, but the third night you see a huge improvement. And after that, neither of mine have really even asked for the, although they both had a rough few weeks of sleep following that. Just harder to settle, harder to fall back asleep when they wake at night, sometimes some really early mornings. It's just starting to smooth out for Kennedy and I have hope that we're all going to survive.
Post a Comment