Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ollie is 3 Months Today

Man, our boy is growing like a weed. He just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I sorted through clothes for him again the other day. I started putting away some of the 3-6 month clothes, and breaking out some of the 6-9 months. I put on this 6 month sleeper thinking it would drown him, and it was too small! Ah! Now it does depend on the clothes, but for the most part he's fitting into 6-9 now. It's crazy. He is the happiest little guy EVER. Today at church I was holding him and telling my class how cranky he was cause he was refusing to go to sleep. They told me he sure didn't look cranky. He was smiling and cooing at everyone. His smile is always on his cute face. I love it. He hasn't really giggled yet, but he squeals and does this funny noise where he sucks in air. He's getting closer. He's at this tricky stage where he wants to be held outward and have you walk around when he's awake. He's not as easy going to be put down. It makes his wake times a little tricky. Can't say I blame him, I wouldn't love staring at the ceiling versus viewing things on the move. We are adjusting though. He isn't the biggest fan of the bumbo, but he tolerates it for short periods of time. I'm trying to convince him it's great, and he's not falling for it. He likes to be straight, and it already liking to stand when I hold him out. He is so stiff when you try to get him to bend. He still just tolerates tummy time, and usually just tries to eat the blanket he's on. He just barely has started to get good at lifting up his head and looking around a little. His napping is going a little better, but still kinda so-so. I don't know if I could claim he sleeps through the night, but he has been sleeping to around 5 to 5:30. I'll take it. It's been nice, but tricky, cause he and Gabe just wake each other up. If Gabe hears him, she's up for the morning and I can't get her back down. Juggling both kids at 5 am, trying not to wake Daddy has proven to be tricky. It's hard in a tiny house, everyone hears everyone. He has started grabbing onto things to Gabe's dismay. She always thinks he's trying to grab at what she's holding. And she usually gets whacked when he starts getting excited and swings his arms and legs. Good thing she adores him right? His hair is starting to grow in a little, even though he still has some good bald spots going. He now has some secret goal to pee on me. Every time I change him, it's quiet the adventure. One that he finds very amusing. He now loves to kick and splash in the bath, it makes it fun. Here are some pics of our little man at three months......






His early Christmas present from Aunt La and Uncle Trav

His Thighs are getting so chunky, I have a hard time getting pants over them. Ha!




5 comments:

Katrina said...

I love that cute smile! I cant believe he's in some 6-9 month clothes! That is just nuts. He's such a big guy. a cutie too. Love those pudgy cheeks!

Grandma Krissy said...

He is soooo adorable!!! What a cute family!

The Letterman's said...

too cute!!

KBPatterson said...

Such a handsome boy! I love all of his facial expressions. That is so great he is a happy baby. I don't blame him for wanting to be held either. Poor babies would get so bored . Changing baby boys is always an adventure. I think it's funny he pees on you alot. Dysen was awful at that too. It's funny and frustrating all at the same time. ha. What a cute little man. Can't wait to meet him in person.

Danni said...

I love your handsome boy! Happy 3 months Ollie!