Tuesday, March 15, 2011

In the Month of March...So Far

Well so far we've still managed to keep ourselves pretty busy. Although there aren't many pics of our adventures, we have had some fun things going.

1-Adam, Gabe and Kolby went to the local indoor pool to do some swimming. Gabe loved it. She didn't want to get out. She wanted to constantly hold onto Adam, but she was willing to go under the water. She couldn't quite figure out how to shut her mouth, so she came up coughing. In yet she was still willing to keep trying. She is loving anything that involves water right now.

2-Adam, Gabe, and Kolby went out last weekend to Geocache. Adam introduced Kolby to it, and now he had his own account, and his first geocoin to place. He was all about it, and loved doing. It's nice to have someone who can easily venture out and do it with Adam. Kolby was trying to find a certain cache under some rocks, and wasn't having any luck. Gabe got up from sitting on her rock, and turned it over, and there it was. Looks like she's getting pretty good at it.

3-The weather is warming up around these parts. Warm weather means that Gabe is itching to go outside ALL THE TIME. Meaning she's pretty good at convincing us to take trips to the park and elementary school near by. Adam has also taken her out a few times in the bike trailer. I can't wait to do it more this summer with both the kids. If Gabe can handle Ollie grabbing at her the whole time. :) Gabe and I have done some shopping trips as well, leaving Adam to take Ollie in the bike trailer too. He enjoyed the views.




4-We've started a tradition of having family home evening with our friends the Taylor's every first Monday of the month. We swap houses, and eat a meal and have a lesson, and then of course dessert. The girls loved dressing up as princesses, and danced the night away. The boys sat up by each other and just grabbed at each other. Here are some pics of the kids playing together:





5-Some good friends of ours had their third child. We got to go to the hospital and see their baby. Gabe was in love with her. I think she could have held her all day. I think it's crazy to look at how fast Ollie has grown. I think Gabe loved that the baby was so easy to cuddle, it wasn't trying to grab her face. ;)

6-Besides Kolby, every Wednesday night we have two brothers over that are also some of Adam's young men. Their Dad recently died, and their mom works and then does night school. So she's gone a lot. So we have them over to hang out. We feed them and then play games with them. It's a lot of fun, and it gives us some guys to hang with Kolby, and some guys to play all the games with Adam that aren't my favorite. :) I think Adam is going to go to one of their play's tomorrow night as well.

P.s. I'm not going to do anymore public posts about our house guest, so if you'd like to know the status, give me a call in the day and I'd love to chat about it.

Well I think that it so far. March is keeping us busy

5 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

I'm with Gabe....yeah for the warmer weather and the outdoors! I can't get enough of it either. Love the pics!

Judy said...

Ollie looks so steady in his sitting up. He is growing up so fast. And how fun for Gabe to have a dress up buddy. It makes playtime so fun when someone can get into the same imaginary world with you. - I think Gabe was just trying to psych Kolby out with the whole geocaching rock thing. She's good.

Travis Laurel said...

Gabe is Adorable on the jungle gym. She's got great style for a little girl. Makes me feel sort of jipped. We weren't so lucky growing up. :) Can't wait for Ollie to meet this little guy. They're going to have so much fun!

Danni said...

It seems like as soon as the temperature hits 60 degrees life gets busy! It sounds like yall are adjusting well to all of the new changes in your home. What fun adventures and good learning experiences. The kids are adorable and thanks for the chat today. It's nice to vent or vet as you would say! haha j/k I can't wait to see yall in May.

Katrina said...

What fun you guys have been having! I wish we were feeling healthier so that we could enjoy our better weather. Hopefully we'll get out into it soon.