It's amazing to me how normal everday life can change in a few days to something completly unexpected. You get thrown a curve ball. Life is good, just different and busy for us right now. So as much as I hate to say this, blogging will not be on the top of my to do list. :( I do love keeping it updated but it will be slowing down a bit for a month or so. Adam and I have taken on a house guest we are helping out. I'm not gonna go into details on here, but it's for about a month. It's one of Adam's young men from our ward. He has no place to stay while the plumbing is fixed at his house. He is a good kid who comes from a less than ideal family life. Anyway....we are trying to be positive examples in his life, hoping to leave good impressions he'll look back on and appreciate. Also showing him that families/marriages can function positively. I don't think he's seen enough of that. Here goes nothin! It's rearranged our normal routines and priorities around a bit. So we're trying to adjust a little bit. Wish us luck.
I will say this, it has given me a glance to how it will be having teenagers. I actually am grateful we get to experience a little bit of it already to see how life can be with older kids in the house. Adam and I have had to talk about and consider things we didn't think we'd be dealing with for quite a few years to come. For example: where is he at, what's a fair curfew, is he getting his homework done, who is he hanging out with, what responsibilities should he have, etc.... Oh the list could keep going and going. Yeah I'm a worrier with toddlers, I'm learning I'm ten times worse with teenagers. :) (and he's not even mine) Anyway there's your heads up.
5 comments:
Wow! You guys are awesome. I am so glad you are able to help someone like that. I will say this he is a lucky kid to be apart of your family, even if it is for only a short time. Love You!
You guys are amazing. He is lucky to have you open your home and family up to him. You guys are definitely tools in the Lords hands. I'm sure it will touch his life forever, even if you don't see the immediate results.:)
He is one lucky kid to have the great examples of you, Adam and your family. Lots of prayers......love you!
Teenagers are so much fun and so much work! Every time I think about this situation I know there is a mother in heaven who is so happy someone was there for him. Good luck with the "parenting".
Good luck!!
Post a Comment