The one downfall about motherhood, there is nobody to call in sick too. I told Adam tonight that I need a day off. Not that I'm tired of my kiddos, just that I'm tired. Sleepless nights, achy tired body, and fun cold symptoms like a runny nose and head pressure. Remember the days where you could lay in bed and rest all day when sick? I miss those a little. Not the sick part, but the resting and no worries part. I still have to feed, cloth, clean, put down for naps, and entertain the kids. You can't turn that off. AND that's okay, it's just tricky. Especially when the kids are sleep deprived, grumpy, and sick too. There should be a rule that the care takers of the sick can't be sick at the same time the sick are. Ha! Make sense? I don't take a lot of medicine when I'm sick either, cause it makes me even more sluggish, and my day that much harder.
Adam is wonderful when he gets home. He takes over as much as he can and helps me a lot. And if it were the weekend, he'd let me rest. Alas it's not, it's mid work week. So it's back to work! :0) On the postive side, the kids seem to be getting better. I'm in the midst of it, but hanging in there. Adam is fine as always. I do have Gabe to take care of me. She's good at getting me tissues and issuing me my medicine. (She likes to hand me cough drops and instructs me to take my medicine so I'll get better.) Nothing better than a 2 year old (almost 3 year old) live in nurse. :) oh and she gives me extra kisses and hugs and pets my head and tells me to get my rest so I'll feel better. I am grateful she's old enough to understand that when Ollie naps, I am sick and I need to rest on the couch. Not that I get much sleep, but she does let me rest. Gotta love my sweet girl. Anyway.... Here's hoping for this week to go quickly and as smoothly as I can manage.
7 comments:
What a sweet helpful little nurse. I wish I was there to help out. Glad they seem on the mend.
Gabe is so stinkin cute! What a sweetheart. I love that she plays nurse for you. I'm surprised she hasn't whipped out her fun doctor toys. :) I hope you feel better soon! No fun!
Aww, what a sweet girl. Hope you start feeling better soon.
Get the new movie tangled. If Gabe is anything like my nephew she'll want to watch it over and over and over again. You could get lots of rest that way. It came out yesterday and my nephew already watched it 3 times in a row. Good thing it's a good movie. Hope you start feeling better.
Brad never gets sick either. Drives me nuts! I mean it's a good thing someone is around to help out when everyone is feeling bad, but seriously I know he eats worse than me and doesn't take care of himself when it comes to nutrition. So what the heck!
Anyway, hope u guys get feeling better soon. We went through our bout of colds and flus in the early part of winter luckily.
Gee....I am so sorry you and the kids have been sick. That is why you have kids when you are young...ha ha....love you!
recommendation: go on priceline and book a local hotel can usually get them for at least $40, sometimes less - nothing like a night away just for mom from the kids and responsibility! Maybe at least for Mothers Day! Hint Hint Adam ;)
Post a Comment