Sunday, March 20, 2011

Life with Gabrielle


She tells me this is a princess pose



I feel a little overdue on this. I like to keep my favorite/memorable stories recorded, so I figure I better throw one of these in my blogging tonight.

1-I had my first experience calling poison control this month. Yeah, for Gabe. She's had this little mischievous side going for a bit. She's just now kinda getting out of it, which is a relief. Anyway, one day when she was in quiet time in her room during Ollie's nap time, I noticed she kept going into the bathroom and grabbing wash clothes. I didn't think too much about it, cause she likes to use them for blankets for her dolls and ponies. (and I don't mind her doing it) I noticed after a few minutes she got really quiet so I went to look in on her. I guess she took more than wash clothes into her room. She decided besides the wash clothes, she would empty almost an entire thing of wipes to use as blankets as well. On top of that she opened the diaper rash cream and smeared it allllllll ovvvveerr her floor. I still can't get the white spots out of her carpet. There was a also a puddle on the floor. (I promise this was all only in a matter of minutes) I asked her what it was and she handed me the baby wash. As I was cleaning it up she told me she thought it tasted yucky. I then asked if she drank some. She says,"Yep, I did. It was yucky." Well I assumed that meant she didn't consume a lot, but it was hard for her to tell me how much she drank. I contemplated calling my doctor, but wondered if they'd make me wait for the doctor. So I decided to call poison control. Now I know she didn't consume medicine or bleach or anything, and I know it's a soap, but I still didn't know what it would do to her. So I just decided to call. They were awesome. I told them I felt silly calling about soap, but she told me it was the exact thing you call about. She said the main thing is making sure she isn't allergic to any of the stuff in it, and that it'll just make her sick. She asked me if she had thrown up, which she hadn't. So she said that was good, and that she would be okay. She said I didn't need to worry unless she was throwing up. She told me to give her a bunch of liquids so it would pass through her quickly and not irritate her throat. So there you have it folks, my first experience with poison control. All of our bath stuff is now on a top shelf.

2-We've done a lot of random shopping lately. Gabe is kinda in between sizes right now, so I try stuff on her a lot. She has decided she LOVES trying on clothes in dressing rooms. She spins and twirls, and says cute things like, "Look at me. I am so beautiful." It makes me laugh. We tried on this white dress and she says,"Oh it's so pretty! Mommy can I get married in this when I'm bigger?" She was sad when I told her it wouldn't fit her.

3-When she doesn't like something I tell her to do, she'll ask if I wanna play a game. She'll be mommy and I'll be Gabe. She then tells me to go do what I told her to do.

4-One day I was doing her hair in my bathroom. I usually sit on the toilet and have her stand in front of me. (Just to make clear-I am not using the bathroom while I do this) Anyway she turns around and starts poking me in the tummy. She then says, "Mommy I love your tummy. It's so............squishy." Yep, yep it is.

5-Her new favorite phrase it, "Hey, I got an idea." It usually is random, and then doesn't have an idea following it. She also always asks, "What's the noise/smell/sound" etc...

6-We are trying to be better at reading scriptures with her every night. We got some of those books from desseret book that have pictures and paraphrase the scripture stories. The other night we were reading about Adam and Eve. We read, And the man was called...(as Adam and I exchanged glances)...Adam. Gabe gets all excited and says, "Daddy it was you!?"

7-She tooted the other day and started laughing. I told her to use her manners and say excuse me. She looks at me and says, "Daddy would think it was funny." Yes, yes he probably would. :)

7 comments:

Judy said...

I always used to laugh when I was looking for Adam and called him three times. It always made me think I was lightminded when it reminded me of the Temple.

Grandma Krissy said...

Wow...her hair is getting longer and she is turning into the little girl look, not baby look. Don't let her size fool you, huh? She is defintily quite inquizative (sp?) and she is funny!

Travis Laurel said...

Great pictures of the kids. They are changing so quick. I can't wait to see you all!!

Katrina said...

Gabe is beautiful! And a hoot. Love those stories. Her hair is so long! She's really growing up. What a cutie.

Danni said...

She sure is a cute kid!

KBPatterson said...

I love, love, love her princess pose. She's gorgeous! And that second pics shows such cute personality. I love that she is still so into her future wedding. Too cute. She is so fun.

Lenard said...

She looks so grown up in that last picture, I couldn't believe it. Love her poses and personality, can't wait until we can play! Love her!