Thursday, March 1, 2012

At 23 weeks

Hitting 23 weeks and I had a doctor appointment today. Everything is just peachy keen. I'm just a "normal" pregnant woman. Nothing alarming, nothing abnormal, just going through the phases. I am grateful for that. Even though the pregnancy symptoms I have aren't grand, I am grateful I am healthy. I have never known my pre pregnancy weight with this kid. The doctor's office seem to think I'm silly that I don't know my weight. We had a scale, but it broke, and we haven't gotten a new one yet. So they kinda guesstimate my weight gain. They have no idea, I have no idea, it makes it interesting. So if they go off my first appointment weight and guess I have gained like 12 pounds so far. In my mind I think, that's not bad since I feel huge and I eat a lot of randomness, and I'm half way. They were okay with it too, but want me to watch my weight. My doctor asked how much I gained on my others. I gained around 40 pounds with both. He says 40 is okay, but doesn't want me higher. Well neither do I. It's not a fun thing to gain that much. So I got a good ole nutrition lecture today. Which is kinda nice actually, cause neither of my other two doctor ever said a thing about weight gain or nutrition. Funny how different doctors are. He advises giving up pasta and grains and substituting for meats and veggies. He says I'll hardly gain a thing if I do that. It sounds simple enough, but I love my cereal in the morning, my sandwich at lunch, etc etc. And right now in my life I'm all about the convenient. I'm all about what is quick and easy. Meat and Veggies aren't always that way. Oh well Maybe if I attempt the habits now, then post pregnancy I'll eat a lot healthier. Being pregnant makes that's so tricky though. Sometimes food just doesn't sound good. Other times certain foods sounds great. It's a battle people. IT IS! Ha. Wish me luck there.

Well according to my apps my baby now has fingernails fully formed, and it's developing blood vessels. It can start getting the hiccups. I haven't felt those yet. Neither of my others got those too often. Baby does move nonstop all day long. Right now that's so fun to feel. Later on it might get uncomfortable. My baby is also around 11 inches and 1 pound. The apps all warn me that this week starts the mark for serious weight gain. Oh how lovely. Ha! I can't fit into anything, and I feel huge. I've been pregnant enough to know I will get bigger and bigger, I just don't know how with this one. Nothing fits already. I did experience my first set of legit contractions Sunday night while sleeping. They woke me up. Then all day Monday I had them. I asked my doctor about them today making sure it was okay this early. They started early with Ollie, but I had Braxton Hicks for a while before the real ones. I guess anytime after 20 weeks, it totally normal. That sounds like a fun time, and my body has decided to start them off already. Hopefully it's not too frequently, cause it makes getting things done a little tricky. I think it makes everything feel more real. We are no closer to deciding on names than we were in the beginning. Having to have a boy and girl name ready kinda stresses me out. I think because we can't agree on either a boy or girl name. We just go in circles. Nothing stands out and feels right. It's a little tricky we are finding. Especially cause with our other kids it was such an easy mutual decision. We knew what we wanted. We have NO idea.

I gotta be honest, the closer I get to my due date, the more freaked out I become. Having a third child earlier than I planned has really thrown me off. I'll adjust I know, but I'm trying to convince myself I'm ready. Some days when my kids are both perfect angels, I think bring it, I can do this. Those days aren't that frequent. I love my kiddos, but there is usually always some kind of chaos going on. Most days I wonder how in the world things will work out. So this pregnancy seems to be zooming to me. Probably cause I'm not ready for it to. Ha!

We have started looking at rentals in Hurricane. Our place is just too small. I told Adam that I'm already not motivated to pack and move, the longer the wait, the harder it's gonna get. So we have started our search. We want to go rent in Hurricane to see if we like living out there, since Adam's office is out there. Then from that step we will buy a house either there if we like it, or back here in St George somewhere. As soon as we are more stable with debt paid that is. We want to get moved before baby arrives. With Gabe we moved a few weeks before she was born, and it was a little tricky. I'm all about getting ready right now and then trying not to stress the rest of my pregnancy. I'd rather feel as ready as I can, than rushed. Blame it on nesting. I nest like a mad woman when pregnant. Anyway we looked from the outside at some. Really we want as cheap as we can find, cause of budget and to be able to pay of our debt faster. The more expensive, the longer we'd stay there. The cheapest ones we could find are really small. That defeats the purpose of trying to make more room for three kids. So we are looking in the middle for the best option we can find. Wish us luck. We aren't really out to impress, just finding something functional and cheap is what is most important to us. Everything we seem to find is just getting rented before us it seems. It's crazy. Guess those weren't meant to be.

Well besides having contractions, I have felt fairly well. I do have hip pain and some sciatic pain occasionally, but that's nothing new. I have started working out some, so that's nice to be able to do. Wish it were easier with my big tummy. My house is starting to look more orderly than it has in weeks, which is refreshing. Funny I type that, and today it's kinda messy. ;) Anyway, that's about it.

4 comments:

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

So exciting! I too was in the same boat with Ike, unplanned and unprepared. Yet!! It really wasnt as hard as I thought it was going to be and I stressed much more than I needed. You are a great momma and will do amazing with a household of 3!! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!! I cant wait to find out what you are having :)

Grandma Krissy said...

I am glad to hear that all is going well and on track. Everything will work out and blend together and you will be great!!! I sure love you and you know how to get ahold of me if needed.

Katrina said...

sounds good. if all youre really worrying about is weight gain, you should be happy! glad you guys found a place. thats nice you'll have some where bigger!

Judy said...

Hurray for "quick" pregnancies. Is there such a thing? Glad at least it feels like it's moving quickly! Big events like moving do seem to distract you from the aches and pains. I just hope the moving doesn't create a few more. Let Adam and friends do all the lifting!!