Thursday, March 8, 2012

At 24 Weeks

Well it's been an interesting week. I feel like it's been a test of my emotional side this last week. I know, my poor family. Ha! Mainly my poor kids I think. Dang hormones. It's even worse when you know you are being lame, and yelling at someone who doesn't deserve it, but you just can't seem to stop yourself from doing it. My patience is kinda non existent. I feel like I have to do extra fun things and show my love to them even more after I explode. Gabe now asks me, "Mom, are you grumpy right now or happy?" She's smart enough to remove herself to another portion of the apartment if the answer is grumpy. Smart girl. Anyway it always helps when the kids are asleep and I can just vent to my husband about all my worries and struggles. I love him. Last night he told me he thinks that I need a vacation from pregnancy. I wish that it worked that way. Ya know today is kinda hard, I'm gonna take a lunch break for a few hours. Oh well, such is life right? Since it isn't possible Adam made sure my day went so wonderful today by doing lots of great things for me.

I guess what's new this week is aches and pains. Cramping, and soreness. Some sciatica, some contractions, some Braxton Hicks, and some moments where I just need to lay down for a few minutes. It is hard feeling like I'm not far enough along to be having to deal with this stuff yet. I still have my third trimester for crying out loud! It gets frustrating when I have stuff to do, and I really can't move much. Bleh. So just when I felt like my pregnancy was cruising so fast, it all of a sudden feels like I hit a wall and it's dragging. Yeah an achy body will do that to you. I also for a few weeks have been having this crazy sensitive skin. All soaps and lotions and detergents make me itch like crazy. I hate showers. Ha! my skin is soooo dry too. I've never had that with my other two kids, so it has REALLY thrown me off. Luckily it's starting to ease a bit.

My pregnancy insomnia has now been setting in. I usually got to bed around one I think. That's hard when we get in bed at 10:30 or 11. I can't lay comfortably much anymore. My baby is also big enough that I feel like I am laying on it sometimes. I also feel very very OVERWHELMED. This is what has caused most of my outbursts. You name it, I got it on the list. Moving, hoping my kids adjust, Ollie and his stage, not agreeing still on names, trying to figure out how to arrange kids in the new house, struggling with the thought of three, being a good mother to three, my aches and pains, etc, etc, etc. They probably all sound so silly to you all, but once I think of all that needs to be done and all going on, it causes stress. Adam made me promise to try to just take one thing at a time. So I am now trying. Right now that's getting things packed. That doesn't stress me much, it's just a project. It actually makes me feel good to be getting it done though, it helps with my nesting. We are chunking away at it. The kids like to help, which actually is good. Then I don't feel like I'm not hanging out with them much in the day. They hang with me.

Well baby's face is fully developed now. I guess if we could see it's face we could see who it looks more like. I think that's a very fun thought. It's lungs are working on finishing forming. The hair on it's head is growing out more. It weighs more than a pound and half and is 11.8 inches. It is also growing muscle and plumping up. It can hear it all right now. My voice, me breathing, my heart, Adam's voice, music which is always on at our house, my kids screaming or crying, which is also always on. ;) It can supposedly also hear barking neighbor dogs, fire trucks, etc. I think that's pretty amazing!

Anyway here are some random prego pics we took while we were out and about taking pictures of our kiddos for Ollie's 18 month mark. (I'll post them as soon as I can get around to editing some) These prego pics aren't anything amazing, and it was a spur of the moment thing, but I think I like the every day captured in them. I always wanted some of every pregnancy and I don't know that we'll get around to more. I also am a lot bigger than I appear. Thank you nice angle. :)








I know it's kinda a random angle, but I actually love it. Only cause this is how things go at our house. I usually have one kid on either side of me cuddling my tummy, talking to the baby and giving kisses. Ollie actually loves to lift up my shirt and see my actual tummy. He thinks it's hilarious to blow raspberries on my stomach or to stab my belly button.

Phone pics with my awesome hubby. He keeps me sane through all the hormones. He puts up with a lot too.



2 comments:

Judy said...

Nice pictures. How is Ollie's face healing? I heard that if you don't keep sunscreen on it, the scar sunburns quicker and gets bigger.A little dab will do. Love the tummy pictures. I was so delighted to find one of me in that last group of pictures.

Katrina said...

Sorry about all the stress. I know it doesnt make it better, but if you ever need a vent, I'm here for ya. I dont mind hearing it. Even if I cant do much... I'm still here. Hopefully once you get moved you can start on the next thing to get checked off the list. The pics look great!