Monday, March 5, 2012

Moving on Up

So we are moving on up north to Hurricane. It's official we found a little place out there. It's about twenty five minutes from here. It's only a few blocks from Adams work though. That'll be nice with only one car. We sign the lease tonight and will start collecting boxes. Everything we were trying to look into to rent kept getting rented out before we had a chance to get it. It was kinda crazy. Not that they were necessarily better, but they were a little newer. Even this place we had another group that wanted to rent it too. She ended up choosing us, cause we were first and would most likely be there longer. This place is about ten to twelve years old I guess. It's a duplex, and we have the bigger side of the duplex. It's actually the biggest and newest place we've rented. Ha! Funny not having something older. Not saying that's it great, but it'll do just fine. It actually is pretty spacious which will seem weird after such a small little place. We have a garage again to store all our crap in. :) We'll have another bedroom for our kids, which is nice as well. I am hoping they will do okay not sharing a room again. Neither will be used to it, they've shared for a while now. I'm not sure when baby comes if it'll have it's own room for a while or share with one of them. I guess it just depends on what it is and if the other kids seem ready for that. (mainly Ollie if it's a boy)

I actually have not seen the inside besides a few pictures. Adam viewed it and drew the floor plan for me, and took a few pics for me to see. I've seen the outside. It has a tiny tiny little yard, but my kiddos will love having something. The floor plan is actually a little backwards with bedrooms up front and a sitting/family room in back. The kitchen wall is the shared wall. The kitchen still isn't that big, but it does have a little dining area where our kitchen table will actually fit for once. Our neighbors obviously have kids. There are toys everywhere on both sides. It's in a culta-sac and a good neighborhood. We hope to stay there until we are able to buy a house. So hopefully it'll be our last rental. Phew. I am not excited to pack, but I'm also nesting and feel like I just need to get it done. Once I do start packing it'll keep me busy enough to help my nesting itch. Adam has a training in Vegas the last weekend of March so we are going to move it all the weekend before. We are just gonna get a cheap budget truck (cause we have a coupon) and move it all in one shot. We have lots of nice people who have volunteered to help, and Adam has recruited some good friends to help actually move our junk. So I think we are set. Phew. We even have some nice people helping us get some boxes. So that's the update. Now again we get to change addresses and tape everything up, and haul it out. I would love to be done doing this. Hopefully not too much more of it. Now we pray Adam will continue to be busy enough that we can afford to live there, pay all our bills, and get some debt chunked away. That's the goal anyway. Debt mainly this year, save for a house next year. Man, it's funny how changes can be overwhelming and exciting all at the same time.

We told our ward yesterday that we are moving, so we are set there. Most of Adam's young men aren't very pleased with the idea, but what can you do? I don't think my co-singing time teacher will like having a full time gig either, but oh well. Anyway, that's the latest and greatest.

4 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

That is awesome! I am glad that you have plenty of help too....that was the first concern I had when you mentioned moving. Just don't over-do it K? Wish I could be there to help....love you guys!

Judy said...

I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of the place. I hope the tiny yard is enclosed so you can let them go outside to play without constant supervision. And hopefully the neighbor children with a positive for them as well.

Travis Laurel said...

Yay for moving!! I'm so jealous!

Katrina said...

yay for a bigger place! oh, and i love the new pics on the side bar. so cute.