Okay Fluke Blog Readers, here is my dilemma:
I have heard and talked to people who run out of space on their blogs, and have to purchase more space. I wondered when I would get to that point, especially since I blog all the time. Well that day has come. I haven't decided what to do about it either. I don't want to go and erase stuff on my blog from the past, cause it bugs me not to have it. (I like having the digital part to read along with the book i guess) Even though I do print it in a book. I might just have to choose that option of erasing things though. It has you pay a certain price for more space, but it's an annual fee. Adam doesn't love that idea. You can buy smaller space for cheaper, but I don't plan on stopping blogging anytime soon, so I guess I will eventually always need more space? I guess the space you are limited to consists of your blog, gmail account and a few other things combined. So I guess our email folders add up in this too. Well, we have recently changed our email to a different gmail account. We still use this old one, cause it's linked to our blog. Adam thought that we should just start a new blog (continuing this blog) under our other email. Meaning I'd have to resend out email invites to those who read this, cause it would be private. Even though I'm not really sure who does anymore. Or who cares too. I'm also not sure if my blog book website would let me upload from two separate accounts. It lets me upload from different blogs I have, but they are under the same gmail account. Not sure what to do about any of it. I'll probably end up paying an annual fee until I can bring myself to delete stuff. Adam told me to go delete some of the video posts, cause those take up the most space. I also need to clean and gut our email folders, cause they are in need of that. BUT still, it'll just happen again.
Anyway, I guess my blogging might have to get put on hold until I figure it out. It really annoys me, cause I HATE getting behind. When I get behind, I don't want to do it. And also I was trying to get Ollie's 18 month post done. Dang thing. Oh well we are about to move and I'm not sure how quickly things will get set up at our other place. I think Adam already talked to internet people, but who knows.
6 comments:
How much is the annual fee - I would help pay for it this year if it means you would keep blogging. It is my joy every morning to find another story about the Adam & Mandy Fluckiger Family. Let me know - DON'T STOP whatever you do!
Good luck! I fear when I get to that point. Is there a way you could backup your blog posts to a cd/dvd too? then you'd have the book, and it on a cd? then you could delete a few years but still have it all... just a thought.
I love reading your blogs and do so all the time! And....I do care!!! Love you!
See, I'm confused by this. Every so often I get a similar notification about space and the I do nothing and it stops saying it and all is well again. I don't quite get it. I have nearly 1000 posts total, and I use my gmail account as well.....do you think I'm in danger of getting cut off?
AMY-
Ha! I don't know if you are in danger or not. I guess if you go into your google account in the settings somewhere it tells you how much space you have used. I think it gives you 7 GB for all of the things? It also has more space buying info. I just bought for 5 bucks I think 20 GB. It'll last me a while, but I have to pay every year I want to continue. (or you can cancel when the renewal fee comes around) After the five bucks it jumps a ton. I also looked into exporting my blog, which you can do as well. It lets you save it to your computer or a hard drive. Not sure how hard that is, but it lets you do it without erasing it, so I need to try.
It's funny cause I've talked to people this has happened to who blog less than I do, so I'm not sure how everything works.
Anyway, good luck! :)
That's annoying! Bummer!!! I agree with hating getting behind. That's where I am at now and I just can't motivate myself to get caught up. Although I desperately need to. Good luck!!!! When this happens to me at least I will have you to walk me through my options. Sorry I can't help you out any.
Post a Comment