I've gone back and forth about if I was going to continue monthly updates once Gabe turned one. I thought I'd just blog more to fill in the gaps. However, my summer is turning out busier than I thought, so I figure a nice monthly recap would still be good. It's not that I don't like doing them. I love them, I just don't think I'll do monthly scrapbook pages past a year, so we'll see how long I do them. She is still developing and growing like crazy, so it's still fun to see what's new. Anyway with that said, here is what is new with our girl:
-We had our 1 year doctor appointment today, we had to cancel it in May one due to sickness. She is doing great. She has shot up in height going from the 11th percentile to the 25 percentile. No wonder we have been needing new pajamas. That's why I'm not as fond of once piece pajamas, she randomly shoots up like that. 2 piece ones last us longer and save us money. Her weight has gone from in the negatives (which he said wouldn't last long once on whole milk)- to the 5th to 10th percentile. Wahoo! Way to go Gabe! What can I say, she's our little sting bean. She's back in the white on the average charts folks and slowly filling in. :)
-She repeats and mimics everything you say. Our doctor said that around 15 months is when most kids have around 5 solid words down. That's ones they use repetitively, not just randomly repeating. Gabe will randomly spout off words here and there, but not all are constant every time. He was impressed at what Gabe was jabbering in the office, and said she's ahead of the game there. Some new ones she randomly says: go, out, wow, up and fish. She is such a polite little girl. She signs please for everything. She has bypassed signing "more", cause she knows we'll make her sign "please". She goes right to signing please. It's cute.
-I don't think I can officially claim that she is walking yet. She takes steps, but would rather crawl to get there faster. I used to think maybe she was on the lazy/not motivated (for lack of a better word) side and didn't care to walk. I think it's opposite. She's too impatient to be on the move, and walking takes too much time. She wants to go. I am okay with her taking her time, as long as she is still progressing towards it. I did film some of her first steps, but my tape in the video camera didn't work. I was mad, so we'll see if we can't get a video on here.
-She has to be outside all day. She loves it. She loves animals. LOVES THEM! She freaks out and squawks when she sees something. She almost leaps out of your arms. Our next goal is getting her to do some animal noises.
-Those are the newest things our girl is doing. Nothing too crazy, but we're loving it. The picture is from our cali trip. Playing at the beach with sand everywhere. if you click on it you can see hoe beautiful her eyes and eye lashes are. I'm jealous. I'll get some of my trip pics up later this week.
3 comments:
Yea for on the growth charts! Even with all that growth she is still so tiny! I love that she goes straight to signing "please". What a smart little girl. And I don't think anyone has ever thought that she is just too lazy to walk. She is always on the move. I'm jealous too of her beautiful eyes and lashes...what a gorgeous girl!
Do you eat lots of fish? Why is it one of her consistent words? And could you work on Nana a little more - haha! I'm existed to take her to the Zoo in July that will be a hoot.
What an adorable picture! We can't wait for July, we are so ready to see your little one again...and yall too I guess! j/k Yay for Gabe and all of her new accomplishments!
Post a Comment