First, I have to let you all know that Adam and I had the most stressful weekend of our parenting lives. Saturday night we decided that we would go the new shops that opened up at the Legends. (a new shopping center right by Scheels) It was so fun to walk around. Gabe loved the water fountains everywhere and all of the statues. They did a good job on landscape stuff. We even stopped to listen to a random live band play, and to let Gabe dance. ANYWAY we decided we'd head home and get some food on the way. Adam was putting Gabe in her car seat and she was fussing pretty bad. (remember we did just get home from our long car trip-her seat isn't her favorite) So he gave her the keys to entertain her. He gets her in and I go to open my door and it's locked. I said, "Ad will you unlock my door?" He says, "I can't Gabe has the keys." I look at Gabe inside the car and her door is now closed. I try her handle and it doesn't open. Adam and I look at each other and say, "No way-is this happening?" Come to find out while buckling her in, she for the first time discovered how to press the lock button on the keyless entry. Now begins the longest half an hour of my entire life. The worst parenting moment EVER. My child was locked in the car. Thankfully, it was evening time on an overcast-off and on rainy day. If it were hot we would have broken a window right then and there. So we live a few minutes from the shops. Adam says, "do you want me to run home and grab the spare?"-keep in mind he is training for a triathlon, and running a few miles isn't very hard for him to do at the moment. Nor does it take him very long to do. Not knowing what else to do in our panicked state I sent him on his way. The only bad thing was, he was in flip flops. So he ended up going bare foot, and had sore feet the rest of the week from it. He wasn't gone long at all. I still ended up calling him twice on the way home to see where he was at, cause I was panicked and my daughter was now screaming.
He gets back with a key that come to find out, wasn't our spare key. We couldn't find our spare key. So much fun...so Adam tracked down a security guy asking if they had a way to unlock cars-or if we needed to call a locksmith. They said for insurance reasons they couldn't help break into the car-we had to call a locksmith. They said it could take longer than an hour depending on how long they decided to take. Adam informed them he wasn't waiting that long due to the fact his daughter was inside the car. That was a different scenario all together. They had a locksmith on call for the grand opening of their shops-and if a child was involved, they should be there in 10 minutes or so. It ended up taking a little longer. I was still a stressed out freak, by the time they got the door open. Especially since the security lady continued to rattle off how she hoped Gabe was okay, and how she hoped she hadn't passed out. (she had cried herself to sleep-it was past her bed time too) I could have strangled the lady right then and there.
Yeah so far it was the worst moment in our parenting lives. We were so panicked, and had no idea how to handle it. It kinda doesn't seem too bad as I read over this, but it sucked big time. Yeah so if your kids get locked in the car-just so you know locksmiths haul trash to get there. Or you could call the cops. Either way. I'm glad we could go through it so when it happens to you guys, you'll know what to do. We sure didn't. HA. Everything turned out fine, and Gabe woke up sweaty, but happy.
Second, for those of you who haven't seen this yet-here you are. I'm not sure is it's the movie cover for New Moon, or the new movie cover for the book. Either way I think it looks good. They gave all the werewolves the same shoulder tattoo- if you're wondering about that. I think the cover is good. I think Bella does look insecure in his arms- Edward looks mad in the moon. I'm excited.

4 comments:
SCARY! I would be freaking out too. I'm glad it wasn't too hot and that everything worked out okay. You seriously should have slapped the security lady. Some people just don't think before they talk...what an idiot! The New Moon cover looks so much better than the first one. I am excited for it! I think even more excited than for Twilight.
So I am taking your story to heart....every since I heard what happened I haven't let Ethan have the car keys unless other car doors are open! I can't wait to see you guys next month -- it has been to long!!
What a terrifying experience! But I did enjoy the part about Adam running back to the house without shoes! ...Love the new book cover!
OH my gosh, I am glad that she is ok, I can't believe that! I probably would have lost my mind, I couldn't even imagine. Yea for adam who sacrificed his feet. Poor guy! I love the pic by the way of twilight it looks awesome.
Post a Comment