So once we got down to Morro Bay we had a great time. Gabe is an early riser, and always has been no matter what time she goes down. The night we got there she didn't get to bed until midnight and still woke up chipper at 5:45 ready to go. Not wanting to wake everyone in the house, we started taking walks every morning to explore this beautiful city. Grandma Kristi came along with us as well. (my mom) We spent our days socializing with my grandparents, shopping, eating out, going for walks, going to the beach, and exploring tourist things. It was fun. So here are some pictures of our week there. I'll post the actual beach day later.
Not a bad view eh?
The reason we went, to visit my grandparents we haven't seen in ages.



One of our early mornings-aren't we cute at 6 am? These snails were everywhere in the mornings. Along with seals swimming in the water. It was so foreign to me to be that close to random animals like that. I never see them-so I took tons of pictures just like an tourist would. :) It was really neat to see them doing their thing.
They took us out to eat one night at a place called the whale's tale. It was right on the ocean. It had the yummiest clam chowder I've ever had in my life. I of course had to sample the fish and chips, which were so good.
One of our early mornings-aren't we cute at 6 am? These snails were everywhere in the mornings. Along with seals swimming in the water. It was so foreign to me to be that close to random animals like that. I never see them-so I took tons of pictures just like an tourist would. :) It was really neat to see them doing their thing.
We hiked up to this view point with the girls. Too bad the day was the foggiest of our trip. I can imagine the view being beautiful though. Heid and I had a heck of a time off roading it up the trail with the strollers. We made it though.
While on our walks my mom and I saw a turkey crossing sign. We thought it was a joke-do turkeys seem like something you'd see along the coast? Nope sure enough they were all over. Especially when Grandpa Mac called them over.


A fun little park we played at in the morning after having breakfast at a bakery. Heidi and her girls got up this morning with us, so it was extra fun.

5 comments:
What an awesome trip, I'm so glad you got to visit with your grandparents and they got a chance to play with little Gabe! The beach pics are so cute...I knew Gabe was a beach baby! I'm proud of her!
wow. the car story is nuts! now you need to teach her how to unlock the door!
the beach trip looked awesome. i'd love to go to cali! cant wait to see you guys!
What a fun trip to take!!! Glad you guys had a great vacation week. Im sure your grandparents loved the visit and to see their cute grandchildren. Im sure it was a great time just as girls! Glad to see Gabe enjoying it all too. Thats always a plus. I cant believe she is an early riser.. Thats just too early for me. I dont know how you do it. I am NOT a morning person, so getting up anything earlier than 8 for me is too early. Luckily Mikey sleeps in until 930-10.
Oh, the pics brought back fun memories. I haven't even seen a pic of Grandma and Grandpa forever. I remember the big view point hike and of course the big Morrow Bay rock. I can't believe you could get that close to the seals...that's awesome! I bet the little ones loved that. I wouldn't have believed you about the turkeys if you didn't show your pics...that makes no sense to me, them being all over out there. Wierd! It looks like you guy had fun. I love the pics of you guys playing on the beach. Cute pics!
It was fun to read all of your updates! Sounds like you have had a lot of fun. Sorry Gabe got locked int the car. Nothing worse that wathching your baby look at you like help me mom!!! I hope Adam washed his feet good too!! HA!! We really need to get together again. Lots to catch up on!
Post a Comment